Haunt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading up on what people find scary, and have noticed that eye trauma is always near the top. So I was thinking maybe for the haunted house this year hiding a slide projector and have it show images on the end of a hallway from first aid class of various nasty eye trauma incidents. Does anyone think this may be a little over the top? Also if I need to find more pictures, if it is posted on google or yahoo images is that public domain? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I'm usually the first one to encourage gore. heh But IMO what you are suggesting is not entertainment gore as much as a gross out factor. :eek:

Showing for the sake of showing without any context for why you are showing it I don't think scares as much as leaving people perplexed and going eeeewwwww.

For example, if one opens a text book with pictures of diseases, does s/he become scared? Now if it was a Mad scientist's lab, and he was proudly going over what he had done or something, then it may be debatable in my opinion.

"No" on public domain. All the engine does is search out images, it does not seperate copyrighted from non-copyright.

I'm sure other opinions will be expressed here. This is just my two cents.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's ok, I was just throwing the idea out there. Have you seen any other ideas for how to do an eye trauma scene? I thought about a mad doctor type thing, with some sort of medical implement pulling out someone's eye. Sort of like pulling out an eye with a pair of pliers.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Now THAT would be gore with a purpose. Maybe a torture chamber?

You also want to take into consideration your audience. Young children, seniors, prudes, etc. :p Sounds great for college kids!

·
Registered
442 Posts
i agree with sicki about the gore - good gore with a purpose is amazing - gore with no purpose is just like some of those rooms where people dont feel like decorating and just splatter blood - bleh

as for eye trauma torture - check out the final bloody scene in hostil 1 - wasn't overly impressed with the movie - but there was some good eye candy - this chick gets her eye burnt out of its socket with a butane torch while strapped in a chair - then to save her someone has to come and cut the dangling eyeball from its stringy pieces that are holding it on - def not for the squimish - riley

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
In one haunt I acted in years ago one of the other kids had a rubber eyeball that had a long string of muscle/optic nerve dangling from the back. His friend was wearing a mask, and they'd tuck the dangly bit up through the eyehole into the mask. When the people rounded the corner the one guy would be pulling the eye and have the thumb of his other hand pressed against the mask to keep the strand trapped, and it just looked like he was leveraging against the guy's face. So it would stretch while the guy with the mask thrashed and roared. Then he'd just release the pressure and it would go *snap*. It was simple but with decent actors and good timing it freaked people out bad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya that would be perfect Revenant! I'll have to check around to see if I can find a rubber eye like that. It'd definitely look better than anything homemade I could do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.