Haunt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find a link or a how to of the faces like in the Haunted Mansion in disney. They are these things that you put on a wall and when you walk by them they apeer to look at you. Could someone post a link please. Thank You.

Also, if this is in the wrong spot please move it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I know what you're talking about - just can't find a link. What I remember was masks or other face-shaped rubber/plastic/etc... that was mounted facing away from you (you're actually seeing the inside of the "face") but it is painted in GID paint and under blacklight or UV is looks like the face is actually 3d projecting toward the viewer. In this way the face gives the illusion of following the viewer.

Hopefully a link will turn up for you.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Vlad,
what kind of latex is that , and is that cheesecloth you are using also?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
You can also make eyes that follow you by cutting out the eyes on the painting and putting the eyes on a seperate piece behind the painting- making sure to have a little gap between the painting and eyes.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Hi Lilly, I don't want to hijack this thread, lol, but very quickly, it's mold making latex called "Mold Builder" by Castin Crafts, sold at Michaels crafts stores. It's my favorite. And yes, that's cheesecloth.

·
Registered
29 Posts
One very cheap (i.e., even cheaper than buying ping pong balls) method of doing the eyes is to use the packing inserts from Mochi ice cream balls. They are white, translucent, reasonably semicircular, already cut into hemispheres, and you get them for free after eating the ice cream balls. They also have this nice flange around the outside that makes it really easy to tape them in place behind your silhouette or painting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts