Haunt Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Terrible Peril
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
You are correct HogFlu....I use these fires outside every year, but I keep them all covered with big black trash bags till the big night.
I have made 6 of the big ones and about 10 of the smaller ones.
Out in the woods they look really substantial......and add good lighting.
I need to post my most recent modifications on the this set-up....a little bit of tweeking has made them work even better.

·
Something Wicked
2,119 Posts
Saw this thread ages ago (baskets are absolutely stunning)...been meaning to ask: how loud are the fans?

·
Terrible Peril
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hey Jack......Thanks for checking in....
Fans do have make a steady "fan" sound, as I keep them running on high speed all night.
With all the other sound effects that I run in the woods, no one has ever said they can hear them.....and I don't find them distracting.
I do plan to add a "fire and crackling" sound tract on a MP3 player and battery powered speaker in the bottom of the basket.

·
Something Wicked
2,119 Posts
It's so cool looking I don't think I'll mind the "fan" sound. I love my flaming columns, and this would make for a great flaming "hell-hole" addition for my imp...thanks again for the how-to. This is for sure a next year addition.

·
Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,783 Posts
They do look amazing!

·
Terrible Peril
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thanks Headless and Ginann....! Hope it helps you with your haunt.... Nice to still be of use to the haunt community....

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Glad I finally saw this thread. I love how these flaming baskets look; very cool! Thanks for posting your detailed tutorial!!

·
Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,783 Posts
Bloody Photobucket..... I can't remember now what these looked like :(

·
Registered
662 Posts
Of course I should have known this would be one of your creations Beelce! I have been toying with the atomizer/fan fake fire idea but this would be less headache and cool to boot! Your description was of course stellar as well. Thanks as always!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts