Haunt Forum banner

Fence top

Tags
fence finial
2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Ruth 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yep, have to be a member (which I'm not) to see what's behind the link:)

RR, if you could give a brief description for those who are not members, that would be helpful.

#5 ·
Sorry I did not think about it requiring a sign on to access the pictures, thanks Chuck. My fence is made out of regular 1/2 inch schedule 40 pvc pipe. I bought black plastic finials from Texas Metal Industries for .30 cents a piece but could not figure an easy way to attach them. I took one of the finials to Lowes just to look around for somthing that would work. I found 1/2 inch pvc threaded adapters for .29 cents and it screws into the square opening on the finial straight with very little resistance. They paint as easy as the pvc pipe and give the fence poles more of a spear look.

#7 ·
there is no need for threaded sections. simply take a heat gun and circle the end of the PVC for about 15 sections and it becomes pliable. You can then push the plastic finish onto the end. No glue needed btw and no extra cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.