Haunt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally found the time to make a web shooter. I used Scary Terrys design, but followed the twist that Hollyberry, Lotus and ScareFX did to simplify it. So thanks to you guys for posting your pics so I could steal, er, borrow your ideas. It helped a lot. I still need to clean up the gun and maybe cut a little more off the tube as I still throw big gobs occasionally...or maybe I just need to practice the technique a little more. But I'm pretty happy with the results and the project was fairly easy.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, thanks everyone. It does clean up easy as long as you don't spray too close or really layer it on too much in one spot. I cleaned up most of what you saw in a couple of minutes just by pulling it off and then rolling up the glue strands into a ball and rubbing that on the stuck parts. And the ball valve I used was a little big, but it's all I could find locally, and it seems to work fine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a quick question. Don't you have to be constantly loading these tiny glue sticks in the gun? Basically it needs 1 loaded inside, with another pushing it through and taking its place, right?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
That would make a great project for hubby today! I need one of those!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, you have to keep feeding the glue sticks through very slowly. The web in the pics was one small and about 1/2 of a long stick, so it can really eat it up, so buy lots of them. I used the ones from the dollar store and they worked fine. When you get a good spray going, it doesn't take long to make a decent web.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and there was a whole other web I did with the same glue sticks that's not in the pics, so I guess it's pretty cheap to do if you buy cheap sticks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway: Has anyone ever tried making a cheap web shooter using a can of air duster strapped to a glue gun? I don't have an air compressor, and I'm just wondering if a can of air duster has enough pressure to do short bursts of web. I'm guessing no...

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
It was once said that Edison failed over 2000 times before he finally got the light bulb to work...

Edison merely stated, "I didn't fail... I found over 2000 ways not to make a light bulb". :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.