Haunt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our FCG sort of does this bobbleheaded sway back - meaning her head leans way back when the arms are going up.

Is it purely trial and error - or can someone provide some basic hints on properly stringing up the fcg to the pullys and motor?

Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
in the frame you built, are the arms pointing forward? if so they should be pointing back. we had this discussion last year and found out a lot of us has this backwards also.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know what - once I hung them - I wasnt following any pictures - just sort of eyed the strings - it was only after bending the arms back per your post did she work right.

Once I got this done - I realized I probably spent $100 on the thing.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I did mine by trial and error. it all depends on arm length and sting. my pully arms are out at about 45° angles. It took almost as long to get it weighted and moving right as it did to build it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you said weighted and moving right, Hib, what are some of the things you did?

Mine still moves sort of herky jerky... one thing I'm going to do is replace the fender washer with the screen door roller.

Also - Mine line kept catching until I bent the arm attached to the motor down a bit.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I have a counter balance weight that hooks to the head and runs out the back. you can see the ziploc bag with a D battery and other stuff hanging in the background. also fishing weights are in each hand. the big weight helps with lifting the body. and the weights in the hands help the arms to teeter totter. weight in the left hand helps raise right hand and visa-versa while helping lift the body as well.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
yep, its a worked over blucky body and arms, bucky hands and a styrofoam skull from Big-Lots. it's heavy and the wiper motor barely has enough butt , at low speeed, to run it even with the dc motor controler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.