Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the latest costume, a hooded long sleeved cloak.

The fabric is sage green raw silk; the lining is a khaki linen look. I enjoyed making this one.

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Sweet job Ms W.!!!!!!!!! You are quick! You can really tell when someone loves what they are doing! :D Thank you for sharing your pics! Cant wait to see what you sew up next! :D

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
That is a nice cloak!
Did you make anything to go with that underneath or is that up and coming?What are you doing with all these costumes?
Alot of costume parties? Nitely shows?<haha
How many do you make a yr?

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much for your nice comments! It means a lot coming from people who share in the Halloween hobby! :)

Lilly, there is a ren gown that goes with this cloak. I have all of the fabric for it, however that won't be my next project. I'll get to it eventually, though.

For the moment, I'm making one every week 1/2 - two weeks?? They're hanging in my closet because you just never know when you'll need a cloak or goth gown or cape, LOL. Maybe at some point, I'll sell them as the collection grows.

Ghostie, it wasn't too complicated in that there's no tedious trim or unusual shapes. Sometimes large swaths of fabric drag and pull, which can be frustrating. But I put out extra card tables to take the weight until Mr. Wicked has the time to transform the old kitchen island into my new sewing table. :) The biggest thing is taking time to prepare the fabric and pattern pieces, pinning and cutting - rushing through that stuff never pays. I used in total 11 yards total on 60" bolts.

Mr. Wicked, feel free to wear it to the office but if you get funny looks, I had nothing to do with it! ;)

The next project is the same cloak but in black micro suede and burgundy satin lining. :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
...Ghostie, it wasn't too complicated in that there's no tedious trim or unusual shapes. Sometimes large swaths of fabric drag and pull, which can be frustrating. But I put out extra card tables to take the weight until Mr. Wicked has the time to transform the old kitchen island into my new sewing table. :) The biggest thing is taking time to prepare the fabric and pattern pieces, pinning and cutting - rushing through that stuff never pays. I used in total 11 yards total on 60" bolts.
Thanks for the info! I actually have three cloak patterns I won on ebay, but I'm too scared to do them! That's a lot of fabric to lose if I screw it up...Yours is perfect. I too, can't wait to see the black velvet one...Maybe I can pm you if I run into major problems? :devil:

·
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info! I actually have three cloak patterns I won on ebay, but I'm too scared to do them! That's a lot of fabric to lose if I screw it up...Yours is perfect. I too, can't wait to see the black velvet one...Maybe I can pm you if I run into major problems? :devil:
I'd be more than happy to try to answer your questions if you have any. What patterns did you acquire? I have a few other cloakcape patterns, so maybe I have the sames one and could read the instructions... :)

IshWitch, it's not reversable and isn't actually meant to be. But funny you asked because it's really not far off of it. I would just have to put a claspe on the lining side over the spots where the existing clasp is sewn on.

Thanks again for all of your kind comments. I hope the black/burgundy one turns out OK! It's underway...

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Really nice job on ur cloak. I wish i could sew. Since i cant even put the thread in the machine im lucky to sew in a straight line. My hubby has to help me with the machine. I know sad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts