Haunt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Those are two biggies to get done in time for the 31st! Nice job. It's fun to see a male fcg and I like the mount you used for him...

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Ghostie, coming from a guy with 3 fcg's and up in the tree, no less, that's a compliment.

I built the mount to be as small as possible when disassembled, it's up in the garage rafters till next year, now. I'm wondering if anyone ever built an fcg/axworthy rig with the ghost moving from point to point outside????

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Those ARE two biggies to get finished. And at the same time. They came out great, you should be proud.

·
Registered
399 Posts
...I'm wondering if anyone ever built an fcg/axworthy rig with the ghost moving from point to point outside????
I think Doug at phantasmechanics did something like that. He said if he were ever to do it again, he'd charge fifteen thousand for the rig because of all the hassle in making it (if I remember correctly). It was a lot of work. We've been thinking about that one for almost a year and would love to do one. If we figure it out, we'll definately share the info here!

(I guess doug's rig didn't really "Axworthy" the fcg. Here's the link to what he did. So I guess it really hasn't been done yet...go for it!!!)

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE: FCG/Axworthy Rig
The more I think about it, the more enthusiastic I get. But, it might be a whole lot easier to have the FCG on a track that moves it back and forth instead of around in a circle. Suspend the FCG from a monorail contraption so it comes at you then retracts for the next victim.

Thanks for the link, putting a man on the moon is nothing compared to that rig! Maybe I can simplify it some.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Woo Hoo! You figure it out, and I'll copy you. Ha ha...I agree. I think it should move forward, or forward and back...good idea...there's got to be a way to do it...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey dynoflyer
Great Props.

I like that Sign Post

1 - 10 of 10 Posts