Haunt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this and it was all the inspiration I needed.

http://thehorrordome.com/HDSHOPPINGPROPS/AnnieArmEaterLARGE.htm

I love that first little girl zombie in the newest Dawn of the Dead and I've been reluctant to make anything similar because my girlfriend says it's "too scary" for our fairly kid friendly haunt. Pish posh, I say.

Probably no need for this pic since I know you are all familiar with this item, but I stuck it here so you could get a feel for where I started today.

Opened mouth, crudely etched in some teeth. Here's a better picture of those teeth.

Sorry about the massive pics. Just wanted to get some feedback after day one. I'm going for a five or six year old child, so I've rubbed quite a bit of styofoam off to make the head a little smaller. Oh, and the excessive hot glue will hopefully give muschle and bone structure. I just bought my first hot glue gun yesterday. Can you believe that?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the kind words everybody. I use an exacto for the carning and if I get a little too carve happy, I just glue extra foam onto those spots and then shape them. "Luckily" I also have a jerk cat that loves to eat styrofoam and if I leave an untouched wig head out he usually gets the "carving" started for me. I sure wish I was one of those people who hates cats.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Great start there Macabre..
good to see you using the glue for something other than glueing.

(P>S. I have a cat also that likes to get into everything I am doing...don't let your cat eat that styro it may expand and/or get stuck and kill him...cover your prop. Please!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.