Haunt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am doing my first big attraction this year, and would like to know if any of you can point me in the right direction for liability insurance for my haunt?

I live in Canada, thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
This is definitely not spam, and poses a legitimate question about starting one's own haunt. Spam would include a link to a web site or mention a haunt by name, which this does neither of. Hence, I shall move it back.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Is this a spam thread or talk about insurance????? lol

What kind of haunt are we talking about here Dark Mind, and how large? In other words, are you charging entrance fees or asking for donations, is it at your home or off property?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
what about the owners of the property as well, have you discussed with them their insurance? You may be able just to get them to up theirs and then you pay the difference..> they would have insurance on the property...

Also tell them all about the Ghost in you new building...

·
Banned
701 Posts
heres the way i understand it if you own property your home owners will cover it example if somone falls and gets hurt etc.......on other property your gonna need insurance b/c its no longer for the public i thought you said it was a closed down school right?. Prolly has no tresspassing signs up im guessing? oh you said not owned if there is a owner they need insurance. If i understand this right call the city ask for the policy number call the insurance company and find out what exactly is covered.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, it's a closed down school, but there are no "no trespassing" signs.

What I meant by "not owned" was that I don't own the building. The school board owns it at this time, but the city is taking it very soon.

Thank you for the suggestions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.