Haunt Forum banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Wow, good luck with that one. I'm looking forward to watching the video tutorial.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
what did you use for the starting foam and where did you get it? how much about did it cost. Looks amazing btw!
Extruded Polystyrene Foamboard. Lowes carries blue foamboard from Dow and Home Depot carries pink foamboard (brand name Foamular) from Owens Corning. Same basic thing. It runs about $17 for a 2" thick 2'x8' board. Each board is enough to make 3-8 stones (depending on size and style)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
WOW.....AWESOME...AMAZING. I'm in the same group as alot of folks here. The group of "I don't have alot of time so I'll just do what I can and I don't have the patience anyway." What a difference it makes. I always justified it saying noone really stops to read all that stuff, or appreciates the time you put into it anyway. I'm now rethinking that.

If I wasn't planning on being cremated when I die, I'd have asked you to make my headstone!

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I always justified it saying noone really stops to read all that stuff, or appreciates the time you put into it anyway
Nonsense Pattie, your Disney Mickey Mouse stone took my breath away, heehee

Just tremendous work SK. We're doing headstone techniques at our next make and take. I'll have to seriously try the exacto method.

·
Super Moderator
64,173 Posts
Any new updates, SK?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Thanks again everyone.

Hi Roxy. No new updates as of yet. It seems my wife decided that I had more important matters to attend to. Over the past week, I was coerced into tearing down and rebuilding a portion of our dining room/den. That project having been completed, I hope to get at least a few days of prop work done before she comes up with another project she feels I need to do. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Excellent stones, great detail.

One quick question, how strong are they?
Just wondering if they break easily and store well without much damage

Thanks
Si

·
Registered
218 Posts
Absolutely stunning work. I stumbled across this from the new "Recommended Reading" after checking out another post.
I am envious of your x-acto skills/patience. I would love to know how you accomplish the "pitting" on the stones? I have wanted to do something similar with some of mine. Apologies if you have already answered this question.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Absolutely stunning work. I stumbled across this from the new "Recommended Reading" after checking out another post.
I am envious of your x-acto skills/patience. I would love to know how you accomplish the "pitting" on the stones? I have wanted to do something similar with some of mine. Apologies if you have already answered this question.
After looking at his profile, SK Austin hasn't been around in a couple of years. I'm not even sure if he even does Halloween stuff anymore. If I recall correctly his YouTube channel (no longer updated) has a video where he explains how he does pitting. I want to say he takes a pocket knife and just chips it out but I saw it a while ago.

·
Registered
218 Posts
After looking at his profile, SK Austin hasn't been around in a couple of years. I'm not even sure if he even does Halloween stuff anymore. If I recall correctly his YouTube channel (no longer updated) has a video where he explains how he does pitting. I want to say he takes a pocket knife and just chips it out but I saw it a while ago.

Thanks for the update. I watched some of his videos and it appears I had actually watched a couple some time before. I believe you may be right about the pocket knife, that sounds familiar. Someone needs to come up with a better way of doing that. My A.D.H.D. will not allow me to sit there and to all that. LOL.

And for shame....who would give up on Halloween? #tilmydyingday

101 - 116 of 116 Posts