Haunt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ShadyHallows home haunt finally has a home on the web! I have been working on this site for a little while and it has been my first website ever. I will be adding all pages soon. If someone could re-do the audio for the home page,"Continue the legend (whisper)" please PM me as I'm not real skilled in that area. Questions, comments, concerns?

Link: www.shadyhallows.com

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
ShadyHallows home haunt finally has a home on the web! I have been working on this site for a little while and it has been my first website ever. I will be adding all pages soon. If someone could re-do the audio for the home page,"Continue the legend (whisper)" please PM me as I'm not real skilled in that area. Questions, comments, concerns?

Link: www.shadyhallows.com
Just a few comments...

The red text with the white border that you're using for your content is a little illegible at high resolutions (I'm running 1280 x 1024). I see you're using an image for it. It may be wiser to switch to using actual text and a plainer font. What you have looks nice, but it's hard to read at high resolutions and I'd hate to see part of your audience be left out because they can't read the text. Another option would be to try thickening the white border around the text and increase the size of the font a few points.

Also, a good many of the menu images are not being displayed. I see your hosting your images on Image Shack. This may not be the best idea. If you ever exceed your bandwidth limit with them, then any visitor to your site will see no images for the duration until it's a new calendar month.

The design looks pretty slick though. I'd stick with the color scheme, layout and the rest of the "look" of your site. Congrats on joining the wold of haunters with web sites.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the nice comments! Would you recomend hosting the images somewhere else like photobucket?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great looking site. The only prob I have is the wording under your 'Updates's is impossible for me to read. Maybe just me old eyes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts