Haunt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the plunge and bought a welder and am trying to teach myself how to weld. Here's the results of my first attempts at welding up a pneumatic pop up. These will be combined into my Pirate display with an audio track and run by a Picaxe controller.

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,647 Posts
:jol: Looks really good Halstaff! Next work!:D (sort of the old adage, give a man a fish versus teach a man to fish....huh?)

·
Super Moderator
64,335 Posts
Hey, where's the closeup of the actual welds?:)

Must have done a good job, because nothing went flying off when you fired up the pirate prop.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Steve,

Watching the video again I did take note of your weld joints...or the lack of visibility of them. They look real nice. Obviously I'm a mess, because I know my joints don't come anywhere close to that. Now I've seen both you and yardhaunter5 -- two welding newbs -- churn out perfect looking welds, so I gotta ask myself what am I doing wrong?

Regardless though, these two props look as though they'll be great additions to your haunt. I've gone an ordered my plans now too so I can try my hand at building one of these 2-bar lifters.

Rich

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,197 Posts
Nice job halstaff. It doesn't appear that you had any problems with picking up that skill.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,265 Posts
Looks good. I guess you passed the first test and the welds held. :)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Looks great Now that your welding you will find you can build so much more and improvise. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts