Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
14,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Love that How-to, Jeff. Just one question with regards to one of the steps..

Now I think I can do this one, "Now you'll need to put this piece onto the cord with the nut facing the plug end"

But this step,

"You'll precede to puss the cord through the wick opening"

Now, I'm not sure I'm the proper gender for this step. Could you elaborate?

I'm so immature.

(hehe):D

14,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can do one. If I do about 6-10 at one time it works out to about 1/2 to complete one. And If you buy your parts right, it can be done for under $20.
Hint, hint!
You can add a little distressing to them with rust colored paint and some cob webbing.

Jeff

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,928 Posts
That's a great project and idea, thanks. I just came across a few old lanterns in my parents' attic and thought they'd be great for Halloween, but I wasn't sure what to do with them to make the most out of them.

14,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
johnnythunder said:
That's a great project and idea, thanks. I just came across a few old lanterns in my parents' attic and thought they'd be great for Halloween, but I wasn't sure what to do with them to make the most out of them.
If they're antiques, I might think about using something else.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
820 Posts
I was just in Big Lots on Friday and they had plenty of the lanterns like in Jeff's how-to for $2.99 each, and they're probably about 11" high by 5" around.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I was sorta planning to put a couple of lanterns in the graveyard this year. With this how-to and the $2.99 lanterns it's definitely on the plate!

14,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Otaku said:
I was sorta planning to put a couple of lanterns in the graveyard this year. With this how-to and the $2.99 lanterns it's definitely on the plate!
So Otaku, has this been accomplished yet?
Love to see the finished project!

Jeff

·
Registered
214 Posts
We did one of these last year... That glass etching stuff is very expensive, it was much easier for us to go to Lowes and buy the spray "glass frosting" we went with the semi-transparent. it is much cheaper than the glass etching and looks just as nice. Two coats and it was done. Normally I don't mention brands but Lowes carries only one brand American Tridition, if you didn't want that brand for some reason you'd have to try Home Depot or another hardware shop.

·
Can't keep up with Roxy!
3,526 Posts
Thanks for the tutorial. Got a few lamps the other week at Big Lots. Not sure if I will get to do these this year, but do have the link written down for future reference.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts