Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's in? Looks like Servo's or some type of talking prop is on the top of everyone's list. Noahbody and Greencapt have experience with it.

My place is open, but if someone else wants to have it at their place, just say so. I think this time, we can just do it at my house instead of the Lodge. Seems like this project will be less labor intensive. So we should have plenty of room on the back deck. This will make scheduling easier as well.

So what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great a new thread!
Sorry Oct if I gave the impression that I had knew anything about servos.
The only thing I know is I know nothing about them.

I would like to learn though.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi everyone!

Well, I reserved the Lodge for June 23rd for those of you that can make it to this neck of the woods. Bob M. will definitely do a demo for hacking a Boris. I have not heard back from him as far as how many he has. I have my own, but would like to get one more if I can. But if there aren't enough to go around, I'll stick to the one I have.

I was thinking, since this will be a shorter M&T, I could drag out my Axeworthy set up just to share what I did. I probably won't be able to set it up, but at least you can get an idea of how put mine together. Or if someone wants to do a demo of their favorite prop or something.

Heck, we could all bring something to show off!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, looks like Bob and Ishwitch are going to Ironstock that weekend. I wish I could go to something like that!

So, what weekends do ya'll have open in July?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Same place? All I know is "Florida"? Gimme some details! I should be able to do July, depending on distance and day.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Same place? All I know is "Florida"? Gimme some details! I should be able to do July, depending on distance and day.
Oct31man is having it at the pavilion in his housing development in Land O' Lakes. It is really easy to get to off of 41.

^S^

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm in Brandon, so I am SO there!

I'll be available to anyone that wants to house-shop afterwards. Maybe find you a neighborhood where you can be THE haunt person, or a neighborhood where everyone gets into the act! :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Also, what will I need to scrounge up beforehand?

(and I'd like to see your Axeworthy! I want to make one this year.)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Next M&T for July
Besides doing the Boris mods (pm Oct31man for details) it was also suggested that we have a couple of quickie demos so here is mine...

Quickie Prop by IshWitch
ie: should be able to be made from things found around the house

TOMATO CAGE MONSTER

PARTS LIST

1 Tomato Cage ~ approx. $2
(get one with LONG prongs that stick in the ground, the ones at Big Lots have rather short prongs so don't give the desired effect)

1 Long Sleeve tee or turtle neck (use something around a large or xl for room)(if shirt has printed logo can turn inside out or put on backwards)

1 Mask or Head of choice (can even use a milk jug, can paper mache or cover with Great Stuff later)

1 Gal. Milk jug if using mask

1 Pair Gloves or Hands

additional items needed at time of display
1 wire hanger cut into 2 V-shaped pieces for grounding stakes, if used on hard surface, like inside house or on patio/drive use 2 bricks, large rocks or socks filled with sand.

1 Wig or Hat depending on choice of head

1 Pair of little shoes, if you want feet, get them at a thrift store if you don't have any that kids have outgrown (can use Big shoes too, depending on look you are going for )

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update:

The new date is now July 28th, same place as before. Oct31man got the pavilion for us again.

Same Bat Time?
Same Bat Channel?
Hmmm?
:)
Thanks for the update Ishwitch! Sorry for not being around lately, been way too busy lately!
Thats right, same bat time, same bat channel!

Cool, glad you're in Torgen! We are doing a Boris mod. You just need a male plug from a set of headphones or something like that, and a soldering iron and solder if you have one, if not don't worry. If you have a Boris to Mod. bring it or Bob has a few he can set you up with. The price is $38. each. Availability is limited however.

·
Registered
842 Posts
have fun in the nice flordia weather guys
heheheh, yeah right!
If you consider hot sweltering humidity nice weather then sure!

But it can still be nice if the humidity is down and we have clouds, that is what I'm hoping for! LOL

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ack! I *might* be out of town on a business trip now. Don't bother saving a Boris for me. If I can make it, I'll just watch and take notes! :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Only 2 more weeks!
Woot!

I have an idea for a future M&T.
How about a Fogger Check? See if anyone knows how to clean/flush a fogger and have everyone bring theirs and do a group maintenance. It would get everyone's foggers up to speed for the season and we all would learn how to look for and fix problems ourselves in the future.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts