1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flying Crank Ghost Complete

Pictures coming soon

As soon as I pick up my Prop Building Room

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Welcome to "the club" then. You can now join us. :D I think the FCG is the must have prop.

Made a mess, did we? :p I never pick up my messes. It gets way out of control.

·
My Avatar DANCES!
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i don't pick up mess I don't get paid :D hehehehehe, besides i need the room to work on my Body Slinger

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where can I find a motor at for an FCCG??

How do you determine the speed you want it tot run at? and how do you change the speed?

Thanks,
Hex

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Well, the best motor for an FCG is a Dayton Gearmotor that runs at 6 RPM (model 2Z806).

One way to change the speed of a Dayton Gearmotor (down from the max RPM) is to use a light dimmer. Turn the dimmer up to increase speed, down to decrease.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Sorry about the brief post above. My head's swimming from all the activity here lately. But that's a good thing. :D

Yeah, I should post a link to a how-to shouldn't I?

The best FCG how-to is on the Phantasmechanics site. They tell you what motor to use and where to get it.

As for slowing it down, maybe one of the other members has a link to a how-to showing how you hook up a light dimmer to the motor.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Lotus...Is this post a tease like a movie trailer???? You could have at least included a pic of the mess, lol. Vlad

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
You're on you're way! Looks great. Where'd you get the head? It looks a little more expressive than mine. I like it.

Your ghost also looks more three dimensional than mine. I'd like to fix that next year and make mine have a little more depth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts