Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 3 years my flying ghosts have been coming of the wheels (right in the middle of halloween activities). I have them strung through bicycle wheels (rims), with the tires left on the bottom of side of the rims. I've tryed stringing them tighter and they still derail. any sugestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bio, Are your wheels in alignment? They don't have to be in the same plane, but each wheel has to be aligned with the one before and the one after it. Just sight across the wheel that you are trying to align with the ones before and after. I never have a problem with it jumping the rims anymore but I had problems with the line breaking. This year I am upgrading to a 1/16" wire cable. The ghosts will now be a large flying skeleton(30" across). I had to put alot of tension on the line due to the added weight. I will post a pic tonight or tomorrow of it. Wating for the rain to stop.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have the wheels aligned pritty well. I use lobster/crab trap twine, have yet to pull it tight enough for it to snap, very strong

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bio, If you haven't actually gone up to the wheels and lined the edge of one wheel up with the next, they won't be precise. I can't take a pic tonight but when I do tomorrow, I'll include an alignment picture. Basically the way I sight from one wheel to the next. Maybe you do this. If so maybe it will be helpful for someone who doesn't. I'm just trying to help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think there aligned but I will double check, there is one wheel that it seems to always fall off of.

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to check the alignment using a laser level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts