Haunt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my first draft of my radio broadcast. Please be kind. :D
It is my first attempt, looking at cleaning it up some more but for the most part will probally say the same thing unless I get some good ideas from the group. Using it as a teaser and will start broadcasting 2 weeks prior to halloween. Again I must thank the sweeneyfamily.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~beatonsr/data/fmhalloweenmix.mp3

·
Registered
329 Posts
Good morning, says site is unavailale. :(

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I got the same thing. Please fix this and make it a valid link. If not, I will have no choice but to delete this thread or lock it. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having problems with the websever trying to find a new sever to host the audio file. Give me a couple hours and will be fixed.

·
Registered
214 Posts
yeah I got to hear it!!

Out of the three segments the first is the only part with no music, do you plan to put music there?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Beaton! I think it's great (and that copy at the end is brilliant ;-) If there's any way to drop a little music under your VO I think that would give it that much more production value, however, if you can't do it it's not worth fretting about. I like how you kept it loose. I'll admit that our story constrains the amount and kind of props we use in our yard haunt. I feel the need to ensure that nothing in the yard breaks out of the storyline. You've left yourself room to breathe. Good luck with it! I hope it makes your haunt even better.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I liked that second draft, very nice :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, I think this is working even better. People will love it. Be sure you advertise the frequency you choose big and bold. The howl/hell joke is fun. Occasionally your read sounds a little rushed. If you still feel like jacking with it, I'd now go back and just have a little more fun with your own voiceover. No need to try to effect a voice if you don't want to. Just slow it down. Not sure what program you are using but there may be some filters you can use to enhance your voice. I think it is just great as is but I've been messing with ours for five years now and STILL don't have everything in there I want. Great job.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sounds good, I'm sure your TOT's will enjoy. If you do want to tinker with it you might fade the the transitions in and out a bit more and slow down the monologe (sp?). I know we did over twenty takes before I was happy with the result.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am using a belkin tunecast II modified with an antenna to make it stronger. If I get time I will play with it more, but I still have to make my sign and donation box to advertise the freq. Still working on my floating grim reaper as well as my girl in a well prop(that I haven't yet started) as well as a few minor props. Thanks everyone for the good reviews and advise, I will admit it isn't too bad for a last minute decision and first year.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Beaton, how did you modify the antenna? I just use the telescoping thing they sent with our ramsey unit...any tips on what you did would be welcome.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts