Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts
14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there would be enough interest for these products I'll put together a group buy.

FM35BWT retail $299.95 Group price $239.96

FM30 retail $199.95 Group price $159.96
FM25B retail $139.95 Group price $111.96
FM10C retail $44.95 Group price $35.96
FM100B $269.95 Group price $215.96

I'll post more info later today and answer questions.
We need to hit a $250 mark for this

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Man, I want that FM100B. I would have to go back to the overtime to pay for it. And you can get it for 215 bucks. Wait, I wonder if I can get the Christmas community on this? Hummmm.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
For me, this is definitely a "Maybe next year" kind of thing. Got the quote from the electrician yesterday, so it looks like I'm not buying very many more things for this year.

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, I want that FM100B. I would have to go back to the overtime to pay for it. And you can get it for 215 bucks. Wait, I wonder if I can get the Christmas community on this? Hummmm.
I told I was a gonna work on this:)

And DT, what ever it takes!!!

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For me, this is definitely a "Maybe next year" kind of thing. Got the quote from the electrician yesterday, so it looks like I'm not buying very many more things for this year.
Sorry to hear that Z, is a definite that you can't do any of it yourself?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Sorry to hear that Z, is a definite that you can't do any of it yourself?
Yeah, I dont' know the first thing about electrical work, especially of the type I'm looking to have done. I wouldn't know where to begin aside from digging a trench from the house to the shed. I'd rather have a pro do it safely than have me do it half-assed and wind up electrocuting some kid on Halloween because of my shoddy workmanship.

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Crap, it comes down to "if we were a little closer" do to the time of year, I would have no problem helping you out.

In fact, I have to do the same thing at the rental house this late fall.
The renters wish to use a deep freeze out in the yard barn and I never got around to running the wire out there...though, I wired up the lights and put the conduit under the slab for the electric.

If this is for Halloween, could you wait until spring, use an extension cord in place of....and I'll come out for a weekend with my shovel?

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a little info on what these do...

Unless you have a whole house sound system installed, you listen to your CD's etc. in the room where your stereo is. If your house is like mine, sometimes "Mom" wants to watch the TV when you want music. An FM broadcaster connects directly to the line output from your CD player/changer, or to one of the tape-out connections on your receiver. It then broadcasts to any FM radio in your house or yard. Depending on the model you choose and your location, range is 1/4 mile or more under optimum conditions.

DT, you can chime in here, since you've used them before.
This will be my 1st year for this.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Or they can hook it up to their computer and have the computer do all the action. Otsturnable has some nice software. Oh, I have a feeling that you are not going to get a lot of bits on this from the Halloween side so I told the Christmas community about it. Maybe you will get more bites since they use it more than someone with a Halloween display.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I cant believe that the Halloween home haunters havent jumped on this on guys, Imagine the added bonus of having your haunt vistors being able to tune into the scary tale of your home haunt........ dont touch that channel, dont touch that dial,

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I think FE is talking about the Ramsey Transmitters. So, I guess I should explain how I do it. I know a few people that I know just hook up one of the cd players that can play MP3 and just hook that up to a Ramsey and let it go. When I had one, I had the cheap transmitter. The one that only cost about 40 bucks. And it did pretty good till my puppy got a hold of it and ran down the hall with it. I also thought it was important to broadcast because it doesn't interfere with the neighbors. It you want people driving by in a car to hear your music or what ever, you certainly don't want the neighbors to complain about the music. This way people that drive by in a car can listen to your music without having to get out of the cars. Most of the boards that Ramsey has are just kits. You can buy them already soldered, but it takes a little more time. So order early. But if you know how to solder and are good with resistor codes, caps, and diodes then you should have no problem with building this transmitter. The documentation is really good. They try to explain where each part goes on the board. Which to someone who hasn't done it before you shouldn't have too much problems. But after you get your Transmitter put together, you can use batteries or use a power adapter to power up your Transmitter. Each transmitter can be set to Transmitter at any frequency. But which frequency should you use to get a good signal. Good question. Some areas have a lot of FM Radio stations so it might be hard to find a good station for people to hear a good clean signal. But if you check out this website it should give you a list of Frequencies that you can use with your transmitter. http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant

Now I mentioned before that you can just hook up a cd player to this thing but I do it a little different. I hook this up to the computer and I use otsturnable, which you can see it here. http://otsturntables.com/ They have some other software but this one is really good. And you don't need the pro version, which cost around 80 bucks. The basic one, which is around 30 bucks, is just as good for what you may want to do. They have a free version you can download off the Internet. And if you have windows XP you can use your scheduler to have this software turn on at certain times and then back off. I like how it mixes the audio with the next song so it sounds like a radio station. And there you have it, and questions.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.