Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
DeceptiProp
5,844 Posts
Can you get the pwr supply too Jeff? How much does that cost? I need a power supply for it too.

Oppps I just found out it comes with a power supply. never mind.

·
DeceptiProp
5,844 Posts
Once I find out you can get them I am going to contact Chris at Hauntcast to see if he can make me a commerical. The freq in my area is 101.5. yeah mE!

·
DeceptiProp
5,844 Posts
Since everyone else is ordering a 100b put me down for me too jeff. Thanks everyone. You saved me money.

I feel bad putting Jeff to work when his kid is on the way.

·
Registered
722 Posts
What is the price break on these units?

·
Registered
82 Posts
So, all of these are kits? You have to put together? Or is the 100b the only one that is not a put it together kit. Why are these things kits? Don't they have any that are just plug in and go? I am coming from the angle of " I have no idea" So apologies in advance.
But this does make it interesting to use for Halloween

·
DeceptiProp
5,844 Posts
I am afraid they are all do-it yourself kits. I think you can get them assembled but they cost more. The 100b goes for 400 bucks assembed. Cheaper to solder it yourself.

·
Registered
691 Posts
These are available allready assembled from some vendors but cost twice as
much. Assembly isn't all that hard. They come with detailed instructions. A general knowledge is a plus

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Jeff I didn't realize this was a kit. I don't think I could put it together. I still solder but I have a lot of trouble see the color codes on stuff. So you can take me off. If you already ordered it I will still take it though. Let me know, maybe I can find some one to put it together for me.

·
DeceptiProp
5,844 Posts
For the people are a little sketchy on soldering don't worry. Soldering is like everything else we as haunters have had to learn to do. It isn't no big deal. But if you are afraid to screw it up, then buy the cheaper one just to get started. But to give you a clue of how the 100b is done I have the parts lists and etc for the 100b for you to look at. It also shows you the correct way to solder. Just in case you know nothing about soldering.

Here is the link.
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/downloads/manuals/FM100B.pdf

If you guys want, once I get mine I will post progress pictures to show you how easy it is. But if you noticed the pdf I have listed above, they actually have parts on the board already for you. The rest they actuallly list the color code for you. This is just one of those leaps of faith things. Once you get going on it, you will wonder why you were scared in the first place.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yeah DT I looked at the pdf. This kits are not hard to put together. I just can't see the color code on them any more. I spent all afternoon looking for a resistor for a led, when I did the Nemesis Gun. But if you are looking to start getting into electronics this is a very good way.

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK since i am a novice at this and, i could use one, now thinking of it for Halloween and xmas instead of the 100b what be the next best one for a novice.

·
DeceptiProp
5,844 Posts
I would suggest that FM25. About 100 bucks. Not to bad to make. But not as many parts to solder, so it shouldn't be too bad.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.