Haunt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i depleted my rigid foam so i called around to go buy some more, man what a pain in the butt it is to buy foam down here in the South. The most basic material that i need and nobody has it. Sure they will order it for me if I buy 144 sheets of it, sorry i think my wife would kill me on that one.
Anyway the best I could find was 4x8 rigid foam sheets at 3/4" thickness which is ok i guess if I buy 2 and glue them together. Im used to using 3" sheets since its so thick, easy to stick in the ground and real easy to work with. The boards are going for 11 and change a piece. darn things are going up every year! oh well I guess ill buy 2 and glue them together!

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
It maybe a pain to find foam around where you live, but trust me. I would rather be down south come Dec than freeze my butt off. I would give all my foam pieces for a nice warm place in Florida. Right next to the beach with a nice cool drink and maybe some fries.

·
Registered
738 Posts
trishaanne said:
You're lucky. The Home Depot around the corner from me only sells the 2x8 pieces. Talk about a pain!!!!!
I had the same problem. I could Special order it from Home Despot but there was a 96 sheet min.
Too bad. The up side would have been only $11/ sheet for 1.5 inch

I ended up doing a search on the web for Building supplies. Then a I made a few calls and
found a place that carried all sizes in 4x8 sheets. The down size was that it was ~$20 /sheet
and the were scored. The scoring weakened the sheets so I pre-glued them with Gorilla glue before using them.

But they were still better than the 2x8 sheets

Good luck

·
Registered
723 Posts
I don't know where in the South y'all are from but I have a foam-board supplier literally within 5 miles of my house. They have offices elsewhere in Texas and I'm sure they can ship or might have offices elsewhere. I have bought up to 3" thick foam (4x8 sheets) and I know they carry 4" thick at least (maybe more). I believe they are the supplier to Lowes and HD and other stores as well as siding contractors.

If y'all want me to check with them please email me and tell me. [email protected]

I'll be glad to call them for you and find out if they have offices outside Texas.

·
Registered
152 Posts
DeathTouch said:
It maybe a pain to find foam around where you live, but trust me. I would rather be down south come Dec than freeze my butt off. I would give all my foam pieces for a nice warm place in Florida. Right next to the beach with a nice cool drink and maybe some fries.
Give me a PM if you're serious. I run a real estate brokerage here in Tampa! :D

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
DT, Im right there with ya in winter. Of course right now since it hasnt been below 90 in a month with 80% humidity. i wouldnt mind little taste of winter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only good thing is that down here in Oct its perfect for setting up, hardly any wind and around 60 degrees! In NY it was WINDY every darn halloween day,and I mean some pretty hard gusts of wind, very annoying when you have to keep picking up or fixing tombstones, That night it would always die down, so i had to rush to get it all fixed. Boy that was a pain!

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Its usually sucky windy rainy weather here. Perfect for halloween toting...NOT. I get 20 kids tops. I decided to do my haunt the weekend before and have a party for all my childrens friends and their parents. Ill get more peeps and i know them all so i will hopefully not have to worry about their little midgets breaking my stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts