Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is fog juice all the same? or is there a better one that makes more fog oz. for oz. ....better for the fogger or what .....is it worth the extra money?

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Since the weather has such an effect (aka wind) on how well the fog does,can buying the premo juice make that much differance. Is it really worth spending the extra money to gain the extra fog on a very random result.
Now if the good stuff stayed in place even in the wind, it would be worth every penny.

·
Banned
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
merlin ive been thinking that all day today also...well i thought i was talking about the good stuff at23 bucks a gallon......the Chauvet stuff

14,919 Posts
Merlin (The Quiet One) said:
So Jeff you're saying $23 a gallon is expensive? What's the good stuff cost?

Merlin (TQO)
I'll have to check on that. I haven't sold any in about 2 yrs.
It was getting to expensive to ship.
I'll have more info after next week.

Jeff

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've always used whatever K-Mart,etc type stores carried. Since the fog is usually blown away by the wind quickly and it isn't in a confined area I haven't had a concern with anyone being in the fog. Anyway, usually these are around $10 for a quart of juice. I stock up after Halloween and have friends who will pick it up for me if they find it on sale. I also have the cheapie fog machines but the suffice for once a year use.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
I agree with that. Remember you are only using it for a few days at most, and not the once a week or more that a DJ or some other special effect operation might. I got a 700wt unite on ebay for $25 and the juice at Walmart for about six bucks a quart. So, if your making your living at this fine, go top end. Other wise why spend the big money on something you cant use if the wind blows that night.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Foggers and fog juice.......the eternal debate goes on. I have a VEI fogger which I love, and I have half a dozen cheapos that I love also. If I was starting over, I'd buy nothing other than the Under $20 cheap ones. they put out just as much fog, for less cost, and depending on who you're talking to, are just as reliable. I've never considered buying "custom" fog juice. I buy mine for $14.99 a gallon at Party City, it works in all foggers, and does just fine.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
To tell the truth Jeff, I'm not well enough informed to know. I know that the special low lying fog fluids don't really stay any lower than any other chilled fog, they're just made to dissipate before they rise. I haven't heard of any fog juice that people have said produce a thicker fog. I tend to think that thicker fog is produced by well running and clean foggers. Ones whose pumps are good, whose nozzles are clean, and whose heating elements are operating at the proper temps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts