Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
When I pack mine away, I always leave whatever juice didn't get used in the reservoir. I emptied out one year, and the fogger I emptied out didn't work the next year. The pump or one of the hoses got clogged up and I couldn't get it to clean out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
CRAP! I was worried about leaving juice in the fogger for fear it would gum up!! we poured it all back in the bottle it came in! good thing it's only been a month, tomorrow morning I'll test both foggers and fill them half full...

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Another "Unpleasant" surprise I had was a brand new fogger that wasn't working. As I've bought four new ones this year, I'm going to fill them all and run them before I store them away.I think the new unworking one might have seized up from lack of fluid before I even bought it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When it comes time to store my fog machines, I hate that time, I run some cleaner thru first, then i run fog juice back thru till it fogs for a minute. The cleaner may not be needed for all your foggers but mine run 4-5 hours a night all month and i think it helps. Which ever way you do it, just make sure you have enough juice to keep them from drying out. Can't have too much fog.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Fogger Cleaning

I usually dump what fog juice I dont use back into the container it came out of. Then I plug in my fogger and run all the left over juice out so the line is dry. After that I run alittle tap water through the fogger to clean the line out steams alittle I dump that let it dry and Im good. I have done it that way with all my foggers for years and never had a problem. After Halloween as a part of the process above I also take my foggers appart for a complete cleaning. Just my 2 cents on the subject.

·
Registered
705 Posts
BobC said:
I usually dump what fog juice I dont use back into the container it came out of. Then I plug in my fogger and run all the left over juice out so the line is dry.
As do I but I have had failures the next season.

Bobc said:
After Halloween as a part of the process above I also take my foggers appart for a complete cleaning. Just my 2 cents on the subject.
I'd like to know what kind of foggers you are using. I have a few of the 'liteFx" models and so far two have siezed up on me or just plain quit. I've yet to see any of these (sub 700W types) that can be reasonably dismantled for cleaning/repair and reassembled. If you have any info on this I'd sure appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
"That way I can plug them in and run them at a moments notice"

I'm smiling here thinking of reasons that would call for fog at a moments notice off season............................

·
Administrator
10,576 Posts
Oh come on Vlad...once in awhile you've got to run them ust to make sure they still work. I mean you wouldn't leave your car sitting idle for 11 months of the year so why leave perfectly good foggers in storage. Besides, I've grown to like the smell!

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Hauntiholik said:
Oh come on Vlad...once in awhile you've got to run them ust to make sure they still work. I mean you wouldn't leave your car sitting idle for 11 months of the year so why leave perfectly good foggers in storage. Besides, I've grown to like the smell!
This is another reason why I store mine full. I take them out once after the winter is over and again about a month before Halloween. If they're not going to work, I want to know about it in advance.

Plus, the year I did empty them out, I had two that didn't work the next year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts