Haunt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have seen the lag after using the post quick replay button. I will wait for a while then hit the Unplesant Street forum Icon or writing on the very top of the page. When I got back to the thread, sometimes my messasge was written other times it isn't.

I think I posted in the wrong section. I meant the forum was having problems. Sorry..

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I'd have to say that this is most likely a problem on your computer and not with the forums. How many programs do you have open? Check for spyware/adware/viruses lately?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Oh, I see what you're saying now. When using quick reply, if you don't wait until you see your message appear in the therad, it won't be posted. DON'T CLICK ANYTHING until your message appears. If it seems to hang for a second or two, it's probably because the forums are busy performing other operations. If it seems to hang for a while, try clicking the "Post Quick Reply" button again. The forums can detect and prevent duplictate posts, so don't worry about dupes.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok got it. I have noticed it on a few computers.(At work and home) After you click on post quick reply, it looks like it is going to show the message but never does. I normally just click on the picture on the top as a quick way out to the main forum. Sometimes when I got back to the thread the message will be there, other times not. My wait time before doing this is normally about a min to 1 1/2 mins.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
DeathTouch said:
Ok got it. I have noticed it on a few computers.(At work and home) After you click on post quick reply, it looks like it is going to show the message but never does. I normally just click on the picture on the top as a quick way out to the main forum. Sometimes when I got back to the thread the message will be there, other times not. My wait time before doing this is normally about a min to 1 1/2 mins.
The culprit in your case then is either the quality of your connection to the internet and/or there may be a server somewhere between you and the web site's host computer that is a little flaky. If it's the former, you may be able to resolve it with your isp, if it's the latter, there really isn't much you can do about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts