Haunt Forum banner
1221 - 1227 of 1227 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the source code for the windows app was posted anywhere by Mike? I'm a professional dev and would LOVE to extend the app for servo controls (make my skeletons talk with the audio track).

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am working on a python version that is similar. I built a near clone of the OctoBanger using a Teensy 4.1. It plays the ambient and scare without a MP3 player board. It can do PWM and servos too. Just got the display of the scare audio working today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the prop automation game and have a few questions. I love the idea of the 8 relay controller and have most of the supplies in my card on Amazon. I am hoping someone can show me some pics or a diagram for the 8 channel hooked up and working.

I am trying to set something up for a non-profit organization that has a fright night every year as their major fundraiser and I would like to do something different this year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I love that everyone is so helpful to everyone else, you don't see that very often in forums. Great job everyone.

·
Registered
162 Posts

Here's a pic of my Octo's guts. The Uno switches 8 SSRs, which power the 8 outlets.
Channels 1-4 are powered from one line input, and 5-8 from another. I needed two separate circuits as I have four Jacob's Ladders plus motors and lights which draw too much current to run on just one circuit.
Cheers!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am working on a python version that is similar. I built a near clone of the OctoBanger using a Teensy 4.1. It plays the ambient and scare without a MP3 player board. It can do PWM and servos too. Just got the display of the scare audio working today.
I would like to see and learn more about this! (y)😁

·
Registered
9 Posts

This is my latest yard haunt. I wanted to create a Tombstone that would both look good during the day as well as at night. I also wanted a back story and for this one:

"It is the tragic story of a young girl seduced by the son of the evil Count... Anabelle was young, beautiful and wanted to attend the countries university. While there she is seduced by a boy who's father was not only ruthless but sadistic and he did not approve of the young commoner Anabelle and so sentenced her to the guillotine. She was only 19. Her soul never rested at peace..."

With the back story in place I set about creating a tombstone that could withstand our harsh weather. Here in New Orleans we get ferocious thunder storms, with heavy rain and strong winds and gusts. So I built it to shed water and be stable enough to not topple in strong winds. The tombstone is also a "Jump Scare" in the Disney Haunted Mansion sense. On the outside is the old grave marker with flowers just sprouting up to comfort the departed but inside is the mechanical system that jumps and scares when someone comes too close. I was pleased with the dichotomy of exterior sereneness and interior turmoil.

It is built with plywood covered with foam insulation and treated with layers of Drylok paint for strength and water protection. The compartment that houses the electronics (Controller inspired by ButtonBanger.com) in completely enclosed and water tight.

Here is a brief video of it during daylight. I will post further video's and pictures with all the build information and effects.

Enjoy...

I used the Octobanger software, Arduino Uno and a 4 relay shield to control the setup.

I also created a simple actuator that runs on a simple 2 port solenoid.

1221 - 1227 of 1227 Posts