Haunt Forum banner
1221 - 1230 of 1230 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am working on a python version that is similar. I built a near clone of the OctoBanger using a Teensy 4.1. It plays the ambient and scare without a MP3 player board. It can do PWM and servos too. Just got the display of the scare audio working today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to the prop automation game and have a few questions. I love the idea of the 8 relay controller and have most of the supplies in my card on Amazon. I am hoping someone can show me some pics or a diagram for the 8 channel hooked up and working.

I am trying to set something up for a non-profit organization that has a fright night every year as their major fundraiser and I would like to do something different this year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I love that everyone is so helpful to everyone else, you don't see that very often in forums. Great job everyone.

·
Registered
168 Posts

Here's a pic of my Octo's guts. The Uno switches 8 SSRs, which power the 8 outlets.
Channels 1-4 are powered from one line input, and 5-8 from another. I needed two separate circuits as I have four Jacob's Ladders plus motors and lights which draw too much current to run on just one circuit.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
@mikkojay
Hello, I am super new to using the arduino (like never used it), I just ordered all my parts and I’m waiting on all of them to arrive. I just discovered that within the past few days the buttonbanger site is no longer available. Will this be permanent? Guess I jumped on the bandwagon a little too late :-(

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,230 ·
@mikkojay
Hello, I am super new to using the arduino (like never used it), I just ordered all my parts and I’m waiting on all of them to arrive. I just discovered that within the past few days the buttonbanger site is no longer available. Will this be permanent? Guess I jumped on the bandwagon a little too late :-(
Thanks for the heads up- I spent some time on the phone with Godaddy and got the site issue sorted out (they changed something with hosting permissions). FYI, Godaddy's on-hold music will drive you mad!

Thanks, Mike

1221 - 1230 of 1230 Posts