Haunt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FYI all,

DecorativeIron.com a has good deal thru the end of July for anyone needing finials for a fence.

The price for item # 16.2029 ( http://www.decorativeiron.com/?a11=...S&page=plastic_products_spears__finials__caps ) is $0.288 cents each if you order 165 units. This is enough finials to build 15 sections of fence (using 11 finials per section). However if you use must the coupon code, JULSHP , when checking out, you will get FREE shipping. This saved me $16.70 in shipping costs. Be aware, you must order at least $50 of product in order to get the free shipping. So in essence, you will get 165 finals for a little more than the regular price of 100.

I really like the looks of these finials. It's hard to beat the realistic look, especially at less than 29 cents each. Here's a picture of my fence.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
ScareFX said:
FYI all,

DecorativeIron.com a has good deal thru the end of July for anyone needing finials for a fence.

The price for item # 16.2029 ( http://www.decorativeiron.com/?a11=...S&page=plastic_products_spears__finials__caps ) is $0.288 cents each if you order 165 units. This is enough finials to build 15 sections of fence (using 11 finials per section). However if you use must the coupon code, JULSHP , when checking out, you will get FREE shipping. This saved me $16.70 in shipping costs. Be aware, you must order at least $50 of product in order to get the free shipping. So in essence, you will get 165 finals for a little more than the regular price of 100.

I really like the looks of these finials. It's hard to beat the realistic look, especially at less than 29 cents each. Here's a picture of my fence.
I placed an order for 100 last time (on your suggestion ;) )these are great.

I do have one question. Where does the $165 come in? You get a price break over 100. The next price break is @500.

I do plan to place another order soon. So thanks for the heads up again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I was not too clear SpectreTTM.

You get free shipping if your order is over $50. You can get to that $50 level if you order 165 units. Your sub-total will be $52.80.

Then they give you a 10% Internet order discount so the discounted total is $47.52. Use the code JULSHP and you will get free shipping. So the per unit cost is only $0.288 for 165 units.

If you only order 100 units, the cost will be $28.80 or the exact same $0.288 per unit. However shipping to my house is $15.88 for 100 units. So the cost goes up $44.68 total or $0.446 each when you add in the shipping.

So with the free shipping coupon you will get 165 finials for about $3 more than you would pay for 100 finials normally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One other thing. If you do not need $50 worth, they do have another coupon code which will save another 10% off any order. That code is JULDSC and can be used through the 31st as well. But you can use it or the free shipping code, not both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
Thanks ScareFX I always appreciate your "Heads up".
 

·
DeceptiProp
Joined
·
5,851 Posts
Oh, no not another project. You guy are a bad influence on me. My wife is going to kill me! Are these pieces metal? I just need enough to go around my crypt and a few feet to the right. I don't care about the other stuff, but I want people to stop trying to go into the crypt and taking pictures. This isn't Disneyland you know. LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
I was checking out my local metal supply store's website and they have steel 3/4" finials for about 20 cents each. I was talking to my wife about it last night and she was saying to just make the fences out of metal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,872 Posts
Just a few quick questions Scare. What size PVC pipe are these things for? Are they the metal or plastic ones?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
Vlad said:
Just a few quick questions Scare. What size PVC pipe are these things for? Are they the metal or plastic ones?
Hey Vlad,

These are black plastic spears. They are real easy to work with. They fit great over 1/2" PVC pipe that most people use for cemetary fencing.

(From ScareFX instructions)
What you have to do is heat the end of the PVC with a heat gun.
When the end is soft you can squish the spear over the pipe.
What you are doing is making the Round pipe fit into a square hole.
I did a 10ft section of fence in about 1/2 hr. The work goes quick
once you get the hang of it.

Wear gloves I have burned my fingers a bit doing this without them.

I hope ScareFX doesn't mind me answering the question for him. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
mrklaw said:
I was checking out my local metal supply store's website and they have steel 3/4" finials for about 20 cents each. I was talking to my wife about it last night and she was saying to just make the fences out of metal.
Oh I would love to do that if I only had a place to store it. Waht a great
ecurity fence it would be. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
ScareFX said:
Sorry I was not too clear SpectreTTM.

You get free shipping if your order is over $50. You can get to that $50 level if you order 165 units. Your sub-total will be $52.80.

Then they give you a 10% Internet order discount so the discounted total is $47.52. Use the code JULSHP and you will get free shipping. So the per unit cost is only $0.288 for 165 units.

If you only order 100 units, the cost will be $28.80 or the exact same $0.288 per unit. However shipping to my house is $15.88 for 100 units. So the cost goes up $44.68 total or $0.446 each when you add in the shipping.

So with the free shipping coupon you will get 165 finials for about $3 more than you would pay for 100 finials normally.
Just placed my order for 165.

Thanx again ScareFX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,872 Posts
Yes, thanks. I'm afraid that my fence is made from 3/4" PVC so these finials will be too small. Oh well, back to the search, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
Hey ScareFX,

I just got my shipment yesterday. One thing I did notice was that they are using a new
mold since the last purchase. Slightly different. This mold was actually better. It doesn't
look like I have to do any clean up work on the pieces before I put them on the fence.

Thanks again for the post
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SpectreTTM said:
Hey ScareFX,

I just got my shipment yesterday. One thing I did notice was that they are using a new
mold since the last purchase. Slightly different. This mold was actually better. It doesn't
look like I have to do any clean up work on the pieces before I put them on the fence.

Thanks again for the post
I noticed that as well Tom. Less work is always good. ;)
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top