Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after returning home from the PA haunt gathering a weekend or so ago, i came back with 3 bucky torsos that i paid 15 bucks each for! granted they werent in the best shape, but for 15 bucks who cares! only a few bucks more than the bluckies and they dont look like aliens like the bluckies do! (at least without some serious modifications)
so anyway - here is a corpse ive been working on a bit - wanted to try and go for the fresh rotting look with this one - since it was only 15 bucks i think i might try to encoorperate it into my sign for the contest - i know its gettin late, but im in college haha - that means im used to last minute projects - anyway - hope you enjoy! btw - hes not COMPLETELY done - needs a coat of clear gloss to make it look wet and some hunks of hair on his head

riley

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gross, sick and ewwwww - the best compliments a haunter can get! haha - thanks guys - riley

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys! sure sicki - the actual process of putting all the stuff on was only about 2 hours - the longer part was the painting - i first started out by painting the inside of the ribs since i knew it would be hard to get to afterwards - then i used a variety of different methods to build up the grossness - i started with adding great stuff foam to the meaty areas - making sure it didn't look like the overdone intestine look - then i took liquid latex and painted on layers of tissues - a few areas of it - particularly the left rotted off arm i used the bag o webs drenched in the liquid latex - i used to think that the latex paint gives exactly the same look as the liquid latex - it does do basically the same thing - but the liquid latex gives it a more yucky feel i think while the paint gives it a drier look - anyway - i took more of the latex and poured some over a manequin form and peeled it off for the large front pieces of skin...some nylons over the head and hip area for muscles..and the sculpting part was basically done - as for painting

i started with a barn red over much of the piece - leaving the bones...put some golden oak over the bones to get them a little yellow - went over some of the rotting areas with a latex brown - then went over the red with the godlen oak - then took some mahogony wood stain for the dark areas like eye socket and rotting off arms - my best advice would be layers layers layers - the stain is really nice cause it gives it depth - not a flat color - but the red is necesarry to give it that look - they work together very nicely - if thats didn't make sense or you have some questions - fell free to fire away - ill try to help as best i can - thanks again for the compliments -

riley

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
awesome! i may have to put a barf bag disclaimer on this prop when it makes its debut in this years haunt! haha - thanks! - riley

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Looks like supper off a spit, :sick:
very ..very disgusting..how could you make something like that just sick.
makes me wanna puke :sick:
Do it again..
Great Job

·
Registered
328 Posts
Those look great!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks guys!! mission accomplished!! just wait till he has some strangly matted blood crusted hair plastered to the side of his rotting skull :) - mmmmmmmm - whats for dinner? - riley

1 - 20 of 31 Posts