Haunt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow! You're off to a great start. Makes me feel like I'm slacking!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
phew taking a break from the heat, Ill have pics of the jack in the box up tonight. I'm also finishing up my coffin today. I'll post them on my site around 7 or 8 I replaced the head on the jack in the box but I'm not sure how I like it so I'll let you all decide. Check it out later on tonight at my link.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well please exscuse the pics, my camera does not want to cooperate with me and I have no idea whats wrong with the sucker. Anyway i finished my coffin and I'm 90 percent done with my pumpkin in the box, Im just nor sure which head to use, the first or second one. I only have to paint the clown on the front of the box and he's all done. The coffin came out pretty good, Im either gonna add a motor to it with a banging lid or a life sized vampire prop coming out of it, well see.
My next project is to finish my Samara prop, Im working tomorrow night from 6pm to 5am so Im going to go yardsaling in the AM then off to bed, maybe sunday I'll have some time!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
7-19-2006

wow, a few thunderstorms and a new power supply later and Im back. Im off tomorrow so WOO HOO its prop building time. Im gonna try to finish my three new tombstones and Im going to start on my new coffin! Halloween is just around the corner I hope your all building!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fright Yard - everything looks great!! How do you carve your tombstones? Me - I love my dremel with the router attachment (the small one), but I've used the soldering iron too, especially for a little creative license.

Personally, I like the pumpkin in the second row. I'm a traditionalist I guess - :D

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
I love ur freaky pumpkin face, for the pop up. I have never seen one like it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well for cutting out the shape of the tombstone I use a styrofoam wire cutter. I also use it for any detail work that I need done. As for the lettering I use my old Dremel tool too. I draw the lettering on with a black magic marker then go over it with the dremel. Its not as perfect as using other tools but it does the job, plus the stone is usually in the dark so its good enough for me!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i love the jack in the box prop. might have to make my own! i wish i knew how to make stuff move so i could have it pop out when people are in front of it! and it would be cool if the handle on the side moved. heh. let me know when your done so i can stea.... borrow the idea! :p

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Updated

Well I made some more stuff to include a groundbreaker coffin that I still have to dull up since the darn paint is so glossy!,
I also finished my zero stone and two others, and I started on working on my Samara from the ring prop!
Let me know what you guys think!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts