Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hey, I think I remember seeing that place on my way home from your house. I spotted several cool buildings on the way to your house. There is a cool building at the east end of the main drag in Coldwater that would be and ideal haunted house. It was for sale I wonder If I can Find a pic.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Good luck Jeff. A bussiness open to the public can be subject to different building codes. Check any remodeling you may have to do carefully. And if it turns out that was a old gas station, check if the storaget tanks are still there and if you are responsable for them. Fire codes can be another issue, exits, ect.
It sounds like a nice idea, but check all the possiblities first. Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but I dont want to see you get hurt either.

·
Banned
764 Posts
i agree with the gas station thing i have seen station shut down even tanks removed b/c of the gas that is sitting in the ground b.c of people locking the handle going in and shooting the crap for 20 minutes gas kept running out into ground makes a nightmare .....id call dhec and osha....osha has some very stiff minds if they say cool its most likely cool and dhec is is great for molds and asbestos between the 2 there your best friends before you buy but can be worst enemy after.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
If everything checks out, it should be a nice place for ya. :)

Around here, if there is any house that is considered old, it is also considered a monument and has to be restored to previous glory if bought.

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, I think I remember seeing that place on my way home from your house. I spotted several cool buildings on the way to your house. There is a cool building at the east end of the main drag in Coldwater that would be and ideal haunted house. It was for sale I wonder If I can Find a pic.
Well, I hope not, you would have been going the wrong way! LOL

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If everything checks out, it should be a nice place for ya. :)

Around here, if there is any house that is considered old, it is also considered a monument and has to be restored to previous glory if bought.
It's not classified as a "historical" home.

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good luck Jeff. A business open to the public can be subject to different building codes. Check any remodeling you may have to do carefully. And if it turns out that was a old gas station, check if the storage tanks are still there and if you are responsible for them. Fire codes can be another issue, exits, ect.
It sounds like a nice idea, but check all the possibilities first. Don't mean to be a wet blanket, but I don't want to see you get hurt either.
You know it Bill. It's just an old house, that has been zoned commercial in the last 10-15 yrs ago. I can remember a few of the shops that have been in the down stairs, last one being a realestate office.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts