Haunt Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
The Red Death
2,236 Posts
Trunk or Treat?! Thats a new one on me. Wow they really don't like Halloween do they?! First they try to defame major haunts with their Hell Houses and now Trunk or Treat?! Egads, this PC crap is getting WAAAYYYY out of hand.

How about we lock them in trunks while we treat?

-TM

·
Registered
37 Posts
Our block has been steadily declining since we moved in as well.... We probably got 30-40 trick or treaters last year... I think the fact that we're a dead end street doesnt help. And the fact that a few houses on the block just turn their lights off doesnt help either.

I go to BJ's wholesale and get the combo packs of full size candy bars... When I was a kid, my eyes would light up when someone gave full size candy bards, & it was a rarity.... I now do and I get the same reaction from the kids.. I suppose I wouldnt be able to afford to do that if we got hundreds... but I'd rather have more.

The little ones are sometimes reluctant to come up the driveway & steps because it's a little scary, but they are indeed rewarded. It makes me sad that more people are into the Halloween spirit around here. Its just another day to most and they'll grab a bag of candy and when its gone, off go the lights.:( I guess I'm young at heart.

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
My friend has a car/van decorating contest at church. I was like, "cool, set it up like the Scooby Van and have a tarp with lights...etc".

She stated she wanted to "do a bible story with a twist"

LOL! I was thinking "like what...."Noah's Crypt?" 2 skellies, 2 bats, 2 black cats.......ROFLMAO! Probably would have gone over like a turd in a punch bowl so I didn't offer the suggestion.

By the way...true haunter Night Owl..shopping for a house based on ToT!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Eeric - I'm in Kansas as well - just a ways south of you though. It is true in Kansas that "if you build it they will come". Last year we had 125 TOT's, and that was a record number for us. We live in a not so spectacular neighborhood, and its mostly full of older people that don't hand out treats. Fortunately, our house is kind of visible from the end of the street, thanks to all the strobes and fog. We have kids coming from all over to come to our house. We're hoping for even bigger #'s this year - I'll have to start stockpiling candy early!

·
Registered
652 Posts
We had our first Hallowe'en here last year (we've lived in apartments that didn't do TOT before that. I had a couple little decorations outside, but went ALL OUT inside for my Samhain (the Pagan "Halloween") party the weekend after Halloween (I do that party by the astrological date).

We got about 20 TOT before the teenagers started coming (my rule: if you're taller than me, you don't get candy). We just shut the door, and turned out the front light. The little ones were all so cute, and loved the eyeball gumballs and gummy body parts I got. :) (I was SOOOO not buying the cheap crappy candy).

I was worried about theft. But this year, I'm going ALL OUT. We have the tiniest front yard with a big tree, but we're planning on a coffin (I actually sucked my "why do we have to do something for Hallowe'en???" man into my plans, and he suggested that all by himself!), a big scary pumpkin head scarecrow, tombstones (I'm hoping to con my dad into making me actual concrete tombstones, since he's a concrete foreman--let's see kids try to steal THOSE), and probably a corpse or zombie or two. ;) Making the most out of what little yard we have. And hope the neighbour's dog doesn't come poo on our decor.

We have Churches do "Hell Houses" here--but only the "wacky" ones. They get really bad press (our city is insanely liberal, and full of Pagan and Pagan friendly people). People here LOVE Hallowe'en, and Church things like Hell Houses or dressing up from the Old Testament (*gag*...of course, they could pass well as a Druid....*wink*) ruin the experience of a night that's supposed to be fun and scary!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.