Haunt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you used these? They're awesome. And cheap. 2.25 each. Very small and very bright LED's. Personally, I hate a graveyard knotted with extension cords and after finding these, I've eliminated quite a few. The submersible ones are at the bottom of the page. They have replaceable batteries and can be placed in cauldrons and be left out in the rain. Here's the link. And a link to my page where I have a video of the color changing one in a glass of water...

If any of you get these, post what you plan on doing with them, I'd love to get some more ideas!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, they look awesome! I remember seeing the skull in the cauldron on your site, but didn't know you used a floralite for it. Very classy prop...

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Thanks ScareFX and ghostie. I was also thinking about using one on my mailbox. I can leave the door open just a crack and tape a multicolored floralyte to the back fo the mailbox. Now if I could just get a fogger inside of the mailbox too! hehehe

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, that's a great idea hauntiholik, I've been trying to come up with something for my mailbox that can't be ripped off or broken because it's on the front line so-to-speak. Maybe some dry ice in a bowl or mini single person crockpot? (I think the water has to be kept warm to work, right?) Of course you'd need an extension for that, but it sure would be a cool effect!

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
I'm not sure if the water needs to be kept warm or not. I've only used dry ice once and it was a PITA. I think having dry ice in the mailbox would also be a PITA becuase you'd have to add more to keep it going.

How about using a mini mister in a container of water?

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
You are right Ghostie. Dry ice in water with out heat will stop when the water freezes around the dry ice. A mini crock pot would keep it warm and let the dry ice change to a gas.
Warning-- never handle dry ice with bare hands, it can cause frost bite in seconds an that hurts. Wear a winter glove of some kind.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good advice, Bone Dancer, and Haunti, I agree, a mister would be great! And their power cords are much smaller then an extension, so it would be easier to drill a hole in the box and run it down to the grass. After I posted and went to bed I thought, DUH! why not use a mister! (brilliant minds think alike!) I went rummaging in the basement looking for my floralites and didn't find them I'll post a vid as soon as I get it going. Can't wait to see your pics too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts