Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Show us your gate entrances or your pillars.
what did you make them with
Here is a sneak peek at mine.
I'm not done yet but it's a start.

needs a topper yet and is upside down

made with foam from couch cushions
foam sealant
gray spray paint
color texture paint
spray adhesive glue
pics with topper to come soon

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
WOW!!! You did a great job. How many couch cushions did you use? Very realistic.

·
Dear Beer, Thanks. :D
1,061 Posts
Here are my pillars made from 2" foam. The arch is made from multiple layers of 1" pink foam glued together and carved with a Shure-Form tool.
The entire structure is free standing, anchored with 3' metal stakes and held together with 6" screws. I can assemble it by myself in about 2 hours with nothing more than a screw gun.
The vignettes are mostly lightweight props, masks, etc attached to the panels with screws and Great Stuff spray foam.

Front

Rear

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Really cool! and Ironman why not put them at the front of your yard anyway? They are awesome!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
For the gates and pillars, other than Ironman's, do you have, or worry about durability with the handling and abuse by TOTs? How does the use of the soft foam hold up with the handling and all?
While I love the workability of the foam, I have tried to keep it in areas that are out of reach from viewers. The times that I have had it in their reach, they ended up with stab marks, dings from being kicked, etc.

Ironman, just out of curiousity, what was the inspiration for the two large bowl shapes on the top of the gates?
To me, they look like a nicely shaped rear-end, or a well endowed pair of breasts, just curious to know. The whole settup looks great, it's too bad you aren't still using it, it seems a shame to keep that kind of artwork hidden.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Man, those are awesome! I have a picture of my columns, but they are just for my graveyard and don't come close to those. I don't have a walk through, just a big party. The tops and backs do come off, so I can use the inside space for extra storage. I would like to replace the bats with skulls and have some fog come out of them.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kevin242 those are cool lucky you have a big enough front yard for that, mines to small for something that big. but i like it!

Iron Man, I really like that iron gate .. would look good for my reaper river crossing display i would like to make some day. do you sell your unused items?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vikeman , yeah that would look cool with the fogging skulls...i bought 2 fogging skulls cheap at Kmart last yr i believe they were 19 each maybe less .

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is the first year i will be using them ,I plan on putting a sealant on them alsoin case of rain.. I do not have a walk thru for kids, just a big ole bash for adults.
I also do not need to worry about kids touching them. We only have had maybe a total of maybe 10 kids in the ten yrs we have lived here and that is side door trick ot treating only. These will be up closer to the house in the front yard because i will have torches on them...those pics to come later

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cool i wil check your site out and saving my pennies

1 - 20 of 63 Posts