Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hack this lantern so it can banter between it and another prop I have. Does anyone else have this?

I would like to use this circuit. Has anyone used this before?

Here is a video of the lantern as it is intended to be used.

hw0604.wmv video by DrMorbius02 - [email protected]@[email protected]@http://vid23.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/DrMorbius02/[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@b364/DrMorbius02/hw0604

I'll go ahead and experiment, but I was hoping to get some advice from anyone who has done this type of thing before.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Cool I have a lantern like that.. keep us post Doc...
maybe I'll have to get another.
do you do the voices then ?

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Doc - In your first vid, did you just remove the jaw and LED wires from the board?

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. I just clipped them from the board and spliced them together and attached my own wire to make them longer so I could solder them to the battery housing. This prop was MADE to be hacked. It couldn't be simpler, as all three pairs of wires you need are easily accessable. The pair for the jaw, the pair for the LED eyes, and there is also a pink pair of wires for the LED spots. Those I will use with a seperate controller as I don't want them to flash in sync with the jaw.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Is there a speaker in the lantern? Will you be using it in your hack?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Good Luck Doc!!!

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, I built the toy motor circuit. It works, but with some unexpected results. Only one LED eye lights. Both light when I just short the power wires to them directly. It needs Fully charged, fresh batteries. The older ones wouldn't cut it, it takes 3 AA batteries. It is NOISEY...you can hear the audio channel buzzing through the jaw motor. I wonder if I can shunt a resistor to the LED eyes, so that more power can go to the jaw. I don't know much about electronics, but I'm thinking the resistor will probably just draw the current and expell it as heat. Any suggestions? I'll post a vid in a couple hours.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Ugh! Sorry to hear about the LEDs. I haven't attempted to wire them up yet.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
The walwart I got was for 6 volts and the circuit needs something closer to 4 volts.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts