Haunt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how to accomplish this ghost....but i'm using bent coat hangers for a body and then using a white sheet, tattering it up a little, maybe make hands green...but i'm not sure where to start

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
you really dont need hands do you?
I used to just ball up some paper or plastic bags for head ..
center sheet over head
do some tacking with thread
add some eyes and done
you can use the wire for the wide out effect
attach them to the inside of the head ( meaning wrap your plastic or paper around the 2 stems) tape at the bottom of head so they dont swing around and tangle your sheet up
hope this helps a bit

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you have green hands - why not. There's no hard and fast rule regarding a ghost.

Isn't it funny though - this whole site is dedicated to making props - and a simple one like this is sort of overlooked.

Go for it a post pictures.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hey I havent seen a post from edwood in a while!

This is true, if you want hands, add them. Make sure the position is believable too, like try the position yourself and see if its awkward or not.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
My mother used to wrap a sheet around a lamp post in our front yard and after all these years its the only thing my freinds remember.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
My favorite costume was when I was in the 2nd grade and cut two holes in a white sheet for eyes and a scrap wrapped around my neck (loosley).. I was a ghost, and that was that. It's the simple things that make the best impression. And welcome back, edwood...I 've noticed your absence too, among others, glad to have you back to posting!

·
Registered
86 Posts
It doesn't seem too scary to the gruesome lot that we are, but if you saw some guy wearing a sheet with eye holes...walking around your neighborhood, quietly and at night. That would kinda frak me out.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would definatly creep me out too :) I'm just trrying to make a simple ghost, with out stretched green hands with orange cracked nails like a little ghost I used to have. Hopefully this works for me

·
Panic time is here!
3,756 Posts
You could get a styrofoam wig head and a couple pool noodles for arms.
Stick the hands on the noodles and there you are.

Are you going to hang your ghost or will it be standing up?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Yep. Burlap as I recall, with rope wrapped around the neck. The mask didn't show up until the 3rd movie.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Here are the ghosts I was talking about, I made these in 92 for quick ghosties

that's my daughter posing

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
awesome! I've gotten the wire frame done and the sheet cut! I gotta reinforce it, make a hanger, and tatter it! Thanks for the ideas guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.