Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've not been around these haunts in a while... hahaha, funny pun. :p Anyhoo! I've just been super busy, but it's been a good busy with paying gigs and in the acting/modeling world, it's sort of feast or famine.

I'd just thought I'd share one of my costumes I created last year, hasn't gotten nearly enough use. I've not decided if I'll work this into my home display, but I think it will be costume to wear to this huge shindig we have in town.

I made the costume from head to toe, wig included...... lots of time and patience and bad horror movies. ;) Costume was aged and coloured with use of an airbrush.

The Ghostly Baroness:

The New American Gothic posing with my best friend, Manzin:

I just wanted to share, any questions and I'm more than happy to answer! I hope it provides either inspiration or amusement! :D

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
Gorgeous costume that looks absolutely professionally done. Nice job with that and the makeup, too!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,211 Posts
The costume looks great and you did a wonderful job on the makeup too.

·
Director of Ambiance
1,816 Posts
Good heavens, its just beautiful - perfect in every way. I have been attempting to dirty up a grey dress for the last 2 weeks, adding layers of cheese cloth and such, and wow, that makes me feel like a toddler playing in the mud, LOL. Such an amazing "total package", thank you for the inspiration with impeccable timing! :)

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Totally Awsome! and now i know what my grave digger will look like

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hahaha, thank you ALL for such kind words! I'm not so good with the making of props and mechanics (I'm pretty sure I'm going to blow up something this year, like myself) but costumes is what I'm good at. A little unfair though as I've been modeling for years and I had a professional MUA on board, the photographer probably retouched my skin to keep it smooth and uniform - but I was pretty heavily painted. The one thing I can always say is the devil is indeed in the details and I think makes a lot of costumes as well as displays.

@Dixie - hahaha, pfffft....... you're an awesome talent! I think the secret with the aging and my dress was all the different layers and textures I tried to bring in while keeping with the colour palette. It took forever, but the back layer of grey fabric which you cannot see very well, except the edges of..... I cut very tiny holes in it.

@slightlymad - huzzah! Happy to provide any inkling of inspiration! Cannot wait to see what you create!

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,236 Posts
Awesome. Simply outstanding.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Wow

I bet that was quite a lot of work. But It is well worth it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts