Haunt Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
This was stunning. I think you did a fantastic job and should be extremely proud of your hard work and talent. GREAT JOB!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
What was your inspiration for the sea serpent? He looks really kewl!
Thanks HB (and everyone else) :)

When I was first planning what figures I would use, I had thought I would completely stay away from horses (I ended up changing my mind on this later of course and allowed one). I'd first thought I would do a dragon, then decided on a sea serpent (literally, a long snake). I didn't go with these because I wanted the figure to have long arms. I was already sold on doing something with a curved scaled tail. Mermaids/Mermen came to mind, and finally, I decided on a mermonster. All I knew when I started sculpting him was that I didn't want him to have hair, and I wanted him to look almost like he had coral on him. And voila.

All the little guys you see on the carousel were plucked purely from my imagination. And like Turtle suggested, I am pretty proud of it - especially because every creature and the structure is 100% my idea (a friend suggested I crack the mirrors and dirty it up). So often, our props are inspired by someone's work or we take a technique and incorporate it into what we're building. And this is how we learn and grow as haunters/artists. But man does it feel good to stand back and say 'that's all mine'.

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
I just love your Edmonds Carousel! and was lol'ing the Christmas edition!!! :D You should be very proud of your creation!!!! oh, BTW-- my son loves the "Gherman"...LOL... thats the name he gave it while watching the video--- cuz it's half ghost half merman. Two Thumbs up GF!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Very very clever. That had to have taken alot of time. My daughter collects carousels, she saw yours and now I have to make her one. Thank alot:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Amazing Detail

I can't get over how much effort went into this. The attention to detail is amazing. Music box is a brilliant idea to make it move.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Knock me down. Wow. This is so ORIGINAL ! I LOVE IT !
Your story is fantastic and I dare say that you might copyright it quick, if you haven't already. Your prop, just exquisite. BRAVO! BRAVO !
I will be checking out your site for more original stuff. THIS IS EXCELLENT ! You should be very proud of this entry.!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts