Haunt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I made this guy last year. He is basically a large carved face blank that I can project on to. (For reference the tombstone is 5ft tall)

View attachment 22194
View attachment 22195

I used Adobe Character Animator to make an animated skeleton puppet using my face that can be projected onto the head. A raspberry pi looks for triggers (PIR and touch) and then projects an appropriate video. It worked pretty well and could be a nice technique for someone looking to customize the singing pumpkins routine.

For next year, I’d like to be a little more interactive. Character animator can animate the puppet on-the-fly on my Windows PC. I’d like to find a way to screen cast the puppet onto the head, so the skeleton can have live conversations with passerbys. I’ve debated trying to run a live screencast to YouTube then playing that stream, but it seems maybe simpler to initiate a zoom call with screen sharing to the Pi. I can SSH into the raspberry pi, but not log in directly without difficulty.

Thoughts anyone?
I don't remember offhand, but isn't it possible to bypass all the login security stuff on boot on the rasp pi? That's one of the options on a retropie, could that apply to yours?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, logging into it isn’t the issue. The challenge is more either a) live streaming my desktop to the local network or b) using SSH to remotely initiate a full screen video chat that appears on the main projector.
I'm not very experienced with Rasp Pi, but maybe VNC? Would that do what you need? Other than that suggestion, that's all I've got for Rasp Pi

1 - 2 of 2 Posts