Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to add some wisps of hair to some foam skulls. What would work best in terms of adhesive, or is there a beter method. I'd like for them to be somewhat durable.
TIA

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Hmmmm If the spray has acetone, the foam would melt. Hot glue (lower temp) may be an answer, also hair dipped in latex and applied. Then of course, you could try punching it in if you are a masochist. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
I used to use liquid latex to glue hair to prop heads but I recently changed to clear silicone caulk (after watching a professional use it in a video how-to) and it works soooo much better. It's easier to apply, dries quicker, and holds tighter.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I agree with the hot glue (lower temp) but in a pinch I have actually used elmers glue (last year) and it is still there.

Oh and I also agree.... there are so many ways of doing it ;O)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have some 3M adhesive which I've used on other projects. Will try this first. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dang..And here I am.. rooting the hairs in using a felting needle! Sigh.. does give it a natural look like it's sprouting out the scalp.. You can only do it on foam heads and laytex masks.

·
Registered
433 Posts
SI gave you one good way to put hair in.

octoberist gave you a second option but make sure you use clear silicone not the stuff with caulk maxed in it.

and here is a third way: I use alot of Dragon Skin to make my masks which is a silicone based product. and I to use punching and wig hookng to put hair on.
I buy the small screen at Lowes or HD that you put in Living room windows and i cut as much of the screen off as I need.and I hook the hair into it like a wig net.Then use clear silicone to put it on my prop heads.but first I take a dab of silicone and rub the back of the screen to lock the hair in. I let it set up then I silicone it to the head.This way it does not pull out. after it has completely set up I then go back and give the prop head a hair cut.Hope this has helped and you get a more natural look this way.

Here is some of my work All these head were made from the same mold.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.