Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guns n Roses is scheduled to play the first of like, four shows, tonight, in New York, at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

Who will the new guitar player be? Buckethead is, sadly, out. Is Izzy really back in?

Will the set list be the same as it was 5 years ago? God, I hope not.

More importantly, will any of the shows this week actually happen?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I heard that Robin Finck formerly of Nine Inch Nails was handling the ax work and Stradlin' may indeed be back in the fold. Some other cats I never heard of, but you can sort of thank Sebastian Bach for some of the info for publicly calling Rose out to answer some of those nagging questions. Rose...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Robin's been in since, like, 2001, or whenever the hell I saw them.

But, there are suppossed to be three guitar players. It was Robin and Buckethead, and Paul (Huge) Tobias.

Then it was Robin, Buckethead and Richard Fortus, I think. I have no idea how I remembered that guys name. :googly:

Now, I guess, it's Robin, Richard and a mystery entity.:googly:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, the earliest report I can find from the show says, Yes, there really is a GnR concert starting, Yes, it is Izzy and Yes the set list is different.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or, maybe it wasn't really Izzy after all. The new guy is apparently named Ron Thal. Also known as Bumblefoot.
So, just for the record, Axl has replaced a Buckethead, with a Bumblefoot.:p

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And, Sebastian Bach stopped by to sing, on My Michele.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the NY shows are wrapped, and everyone from Sebastian Bach, Kid Rock, and yes, Izzy ****ing Stradlin joined the band on stage.:smoking:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
RAXL said:
Or, maybe it wasn't really Izzy after all. The new guy is apparently named Ron Thal. Also known as Bumblefoot.
So, just for the record, Axl has replaced a Buckethead, with a Bumblefoot.:p
Seems fitting, since he shares the stage with a singer who should be renamed Bumblebrain. :D :p

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hoo-Ah!:p

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NEW YORK — It was a one-two encounter between Axl Rose and Tommy Hilfiger.

The rocker and designer capped a Thursday evening out at a new club called The Plumm in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood with midnight fisticuffs.

"There was an issue between the two of them," Plumm owner Noel Ashman said.

The scuffle reportedly started after the Guns N' Roses front man moved the drink of Hilfiger's girlfriend, Dee Ocleppo.

"I moved his girlfriend's drink so it wouldn't spill," Rose told the Los Angeles radio station KROQ on Friday. "It was the most surreal thing, I think, that's ever happened to me in my life."

According to the 44-year-old singer, Hilfiger, 55, smacked him in the arm and told him to put the drink back.

"He just kept smacking me," Rose said.

Attempts to reach Hilfiger or a representative were not immediately successful.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By MATTIAS KAREN
Associated Press Writer

STOCKHOLM, Sweden

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose spent most of Tuesday in a Stockholm jail cell after allegedly biting a security guard in the leg at his hotel, police said.

Rose, who performed in the Swedish capital on Monday, was arrested early Tuesday after attacking and threatening the guard, as well as causing damage to the Berns Hotel, police spokeswoman Towe Hagg said.

He was released from jail around 7 p.m. after agreeing to pay a fine of 40,000 kronor ($5,500), Hagg said. Rose was also ordered to pay 10,000 kronor ($1,360) in damages to the security guard, she said.

No criminal charges were filed against him.

Guns N' Roses was scheduled to perform in Norway's capital, Oslo, on Wednesday night.

Concert organizer Ema Telstar said the band was not traveling with a publicist and would not comment on the arrest.

Hagg told The Associated Press that Rose was intoxicated during the confrontation, which occurred shortly before 8 a.m., and was not questioned by police until after he sobered up.

"He was deemed too intoxicated to be questioned right away," she said.

It was unclear what caused the fight, but Swedish tabloids said the guard tried to intervene when Rose started arguing with a woman in the hotel lobby.

Fredrik Nylen, one of the police officers who helped arrest Rose, was quoted by the daily Aftonbladet Web site as saying that the singer acted aggressively toward police and had to be handcuffed and restrained in the hotel.

"He kept a high profile, so to speak," Nylen was quoted as saying.

Guns N' Roses played a concert in Stockholm's Globe Arena Monday night, and had been partying at a well-known night club before the scuffle, Aftonbladet said.

Well, it's a little more "rock n roll" than the Hillfiger nonsense.:googly: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
797 Posts
RAXL, I saw that news item today and I immediately thought of you. I saved it and was going to post it, but lo and behold, you ARE the master. ;) You beat me to it.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Well that says it - there is no such thing as bad publicity. I guess the diva needs to bite people and destroy things instead of trying to perform with the band and promote their tour instead.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Maybe I should take out one of my contenders in Horror Music Death Match and add Asshole Rose to the mix instead. :rolleyes: I agree with Weiner's asessment of the situation 100%.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
New US GnR tour dates announced

Sept 16 - Las Vegas, NV / The Joint
Sept 17 - Las Vegas, NV / The Joint
Sept 20 - San Francisco, CA / The Warfield
Sept 21 - San Francisco, CA / The Warfield
Sept 23 - Devore, CA / KROQ Inland Invasion
Sept 27 - Fresno, CA / Save Mart Center
Sept 29 - Bakersfield, CA / Rabobank Arena