Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gourdzilla is an 8 foot pumpkin creature puppet. He's still in progress. I still have some design changes to make. I need to shorten his neck and make some changes so it's more comfortable to wear. Once the design is finished it will be "corpsed" with latex, cotton batting and vines. The puppeteer (my friend Matt) will be hidden behind a cape eventually.

Gourdzilla is complete! Can't wait to scare the snot out of some kids!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The awesome factor is topping the charts and you're not even done yet!

Let's see some video!
Thanks. I was planning on some video, but one of the ski boots busted. The feet of the puppet are attached to the skis. Because he couldn't walk the puppet I didn't bother with video. Once the problem is fixed I'll put some video up.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
That thing is awesome! Can we expect a parts list, and a tutotrial at some point? This is one I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't mind tackiling. Very creative!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Parts list is just PVC, bolts, nuts and screws and a pair of skis. The pumpkin head is paper mache covered in cotton balls and latex. I'm not even sure yet what I used for PVC. I always have some on hand, so I really didn't buy any specifically for this prop. Come to think of it, I didn't really take any measurements either, except for the ribs. I kind of eyed everything and adjusted as I went along.

I will post video once I fix the ski boot that broke. I'll have to get close up pics of some of the parts before I start adding latex. I think a how to could fill a small book though.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
This would be be outstanding as a static prop, but as a puppet - total WOW!

I'm happy to see you've got a fair bit of padding on the part of the framework the puppeteer is wearing. I can imagine this might have some weight to it once it's completed.

·
Registered
682 Posts
HZ, that is too cool! And attaching the jointed legs to the skis is awesome!

P. s. I saved all your pics so . . . one day . . .

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
WOW! just WOW!. That thing is going to be amazing when it is finished and I can't wait to see it. It looks terrific right now, impressive construction on this.
You did an outstanding job on the head, that alone looks amazing. That is quite possibly going to be the coolest costume I have seen this year and I went to midwest haunters convention back in june. There were alot of cool costumes there also.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Awesome! That's all i have to say!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts