Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere that has grave stone designs already with or without text that you can just print out and carve away? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Cool I gotta check that out if I decide to make any more tombstones... I wonder if hubby will let me buy more foam.....naaaahhhh

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi-everyone...Im new to making tombstones,so I apologize if my questions sound a little dumb-lol.My first guestion is....Are these templates used for copying onto the foam,kindof like a stencil or something?And If so,How do I make them Large enough and be able to print them out that way?Thank you for any help...I need it:googly:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
and you guys get them to size you need how?

i've tried the whole enlarging/zooming thing.........its ok however it sometimes take a dozen sheets of paper that i have to tape together

i have a printer capable of printing 13x19.........however i cannot figure out how to print to that scale.........yet

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I'm not high tech enough to bother trying to enlarge them, I just mark the measurements on the side of the foam sheet, and then draw the patterns on the foam once I know where the borders are. Simply holding a marker on the end of a piece of string and swinging it on a fixed arc from a point will give you most of the curves.

·
Registered
738 Posts
gypsichic said:
and you guys get them to size you need how?

i've tried the whole enlarging/zooming thing.........its ok however it sometimes take a dozen sheets of paper that i have to tape together

i have a printer capable of printing 13x19.........however i cannot figure out how to print to that scale.........yet
I go thru more tape when I do foam work. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have access to an HP plotter that prints on 36" wide continous roll paper. I use CorelDraw to import bitmaps and Jpegs of tombstones and then print to full scale. Lay them over the foam and you have a full size template on which to carve away. Haunters might consider checking out local blueprint/copy shops to see how much it would cost to run large copies. Considering the time, energy and Scotch tape it takes to print on 8x11 paper and taping together, a full size print might be a bargain. One full size template could be used several times if you use care.

·
Registered
738 Posts
jim6918 said:
I have access to an HP plotter that prints on 36" wide continous roll paper. I use CorelDraw to import bitmaps and Jpegs of tombstones and then print to full scale. Lay them over the foam and you have a full size template on which to carve away. Haunters might consider checking out local blueprint/copy shops to see how much it would cost to run large copies. Considering the time, energy and Scotch tape it takes to print on 8x11 paper and taping together, a full size print might be a bargain. One full size template could be used several times if you use care.
Just out of curiousity. What did your last printing cost you?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, don't tell my boss LOL, but I use the one I use at work. The paper is bought by the 200 yard roll, and since the plot is nothing more than a line drawing, the ink used is miniscule. So I guess the short answer is "FREE." I either come in early or stay late to work on these things, but it only takes a few minutes to set one up and print it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I use graph paper to plan mine, then just sketch the outlines onto the foam after marking out a measurement grid on the foam. Last year was my first attempt. You can see the results at the link in my sig.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts