Haunt Forum banner

Would you walk through a decrepit graveyard at night?

• Not only no, but HELL NO!

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Maybe, it just depends on how much money someone paid me

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Yes, why should anyone be scared of dead people? It's the live ones you have to worry about.

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Sure I would, but not alone.

Votes: 9 23.1%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated in the pseudo graveyard thread, I think I hinted at posting a poll. I believe this is where it would go in the forum, as other polls that were originally in the Halloween forum that dealt with such subject matters are now here in Raxl's Paranormal Pub. But lets move on.

I'm not talking a bout a well-lit, well kept cemetary. I'm talking about an old place with leaning tombstones, situated out in a rural setting, with no light but what the moon and stars offer you. Especially, if you have just viewed any film dealing with zombies or ghosts. :zombie:

Those stipulations, would you do it? We now go to the poll to see who would or wouldn't. Feel free to post your comments.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
I wouldn't visit a graveyard alone at night but I wouldn't have a problem going with another person. I think this would be me being more afraid of the living than the dead as in I wouldn't feel very safe wandering around most places alone at night. When I lived in Mass I liked to go to the Concord graveyards (during the day). They're pretty old and I just found them very interesting.

Zombie-F that tour sounds like fun, when are you going?

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I think the poll should have a few extra options. I'd like to know who HAS and who Hasn't already done so. I've walked through them at night, and in one Scout camp even slept in one.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I don't think you have to aske me...

But common scence dictates that you take another person in case you get hurt... But I'm not afaid of the dead, or sperits. Just the cryptozooligy that would lurk in the dark forest beyond.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But, Z-F, are you and Aprille going to do it AT NIGHT. After watching some zombie flick like Return of the Living Dead? :D :zombie:

No, Vlad, I think I nailed it already with the four options I did post. Did you walk through an old cemetary that is off the beaten path and not lit up like it was Christmas time, after watching some Horror film that has zombies or ghost. Think hard and get back to me with an answer. :D

See what I have written in this post, clay.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Of course at night! Doing it during the day would defeat the purpose of going. :D

I've been through a cemetery at night alone, but never an old, run-down cemetery alone. I had a friend in High School that lived on the edge of the cemetery in Quincy Center and it was just easier to cut through than go around. :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
I absolutely would walk through a graveyard at night, even after seeing a scary movie, but I'd want someone there with me to share the fun. That way, you can play up each other's fears and share all the cool stones you find with someone else.

I'd probably walk through alone, too, but I'd prefer to have somebody else there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Old graveyards always have creeped me out. One time in college we hiked to this old deserted cemetary right outside River Falls WI. It is called Fosters Cemetary. It is about a mile hike and we packed our back packs, packed our bowls and off we went. Sounded like a fun trip at the time. We got there around 5pm just as it was getting dark. Once we were there for about an hour or so, **** started to get freaky. I lost my appetite for these kind of adventures after that day. Couldnt pay me enough to go into these types of places again.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
My stance is the same. If somone says I'm stupid I don't care, thats what teenages are soposed to be isn't it? :p No but I've been meaning to get some friends and do somthing like that anyway.

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I was in high school we usde to party in this old grave yard next to the local insane asylum. We'd be hangin there partaking of "whatever" and listening to these horrific screams coming from the "bin". Scared the crap out of a lot of ppl. This old grave yard had the coolest 'stones anywhere. There was a life size horse and rider. a real cool gunsling/cowboy. then to top it off scatered around, but not markers, were larger than life statues of all the charactors from Alice in Wonderland. nothing was in great shape, a lot was broken and leaning. But with the right chemical enhanchment it was way cool

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not only have I fulfilled the requirement of hanging out in an abandoned cemetery at night, but we also watched horror movies before we did it! I wasn’t alone though, but, honestly I think it’s scarier with a couple hysterical people in tow.

I worked on the college newspaper, and about three of us were working on a Halloween special detailing local urban legends, so after an evening of adult beverages and watching “Evil Dead 2” on television, we went to the most notorious local legend – Felix’s grave. It’s a supposedly haunted pioneer-era graveyard in the middle of a conservation area. It was scary, and a lot of fun.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The key word here is "we." I'm curious as to which films you watched before going. Evild Dead II though a great film, doesn't have the same impact in the given situation like say the original Carnival of Souls, Pet Semetary, Dawn of the Dead or almost any serious film that smacks of occultic overtones especially the original The Omen.

Just curious is all. Not trying to start nuthin'. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL, I honestly don't remember what all we watched aside from Evil Dead, since I was a bit, um, impaired at the time. And it was "we." There were at least three of us I remember. However, I would have done it by myself. I tend to think it's only the living you have to worry about.

In an unrelated, but also funny, incident, my roommates and I watched "The Omen" at a Halloween party and then had to walk a few blocks to our car. We were parked in front of a house with a big iron fence, and as we got to the car, two rottweilers came tearing out from the house barking their heads off and jumping on the fence. We got into that car pretty darn quickly.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,789 Posts
My hubby then boyfriend lived right next to the cemetary and my parent's place butted up to the same cemetary so I would cut through it to go back to my house at 1-2 in the morning.

The cemetary in "The Omen" was definetly the best eerie graveyard scene. Man, what I would give to make that kind of scene in my front yard. I hope the remake has the same cemetary structure in it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Growing up half in my grandparents house in east montreal the idea of a gravyard is somewhat wwelcoming as i lived behind one forever lol. Also I;m somewhat of a history buff and love the idea of old graveyards like i have visited in eastern Canada. But at night i would probobly need someone with me. Still the idea of being in the presence of so many past lives seems almost exciting!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Da Weiner said:
The cemetary in "The Omen" was definetly the best eerie graveyard scene. Man, what I would give to make that kind of scene in my front yard. I hope the remake has the same cemetary structure in it.
That scene was one of pure Horror genius. The atmosphere was superb. If you are able to do something like that Weiner, I would LOVE to see the pix. Also, have two open graves with a small skeleton and a skeleton dog to give the absolute sheer Horror effect of your display. That would be totally choice! :jol:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
colinsuds said:
love the idea of old graveyards like i have visited in eastern Canada. But at night i would probobly need someone with me.
Well Colin I'd come with... but because its me :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts