Haunt Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Money well spent, playfx. The tips I picked up well outweighed what I would have done differently. BB's zombie make-up gave me about 6 tips in itself and the section on costume detailing is excellant. :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sheesh turn my back for a day and look what happens in here, Lilly once your Hubby goes with prothestics he will never go back, Im not sure about all over the makeup, but with an appliance, its a night and day difference. Atalie loves watching me get into makeup, because MY CHARACTER starts coming out in little grunts and groans and the makeup is applied. One of those things that Its a show in itself just watching me do my makeup..LOL

PlayFX if you are interested in Makeup this DVD is a GREAT addition to have.
ICKY, WOW 6 Tips, thats some kinda record, Im happy if I can grab one piece of useful knowledge off a dvd or seminar or easedropping!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Yup BB I think you are right !
I used the appliances last yr and they are great, great ..
I have another one for 08 can't wait.
(we are not doing costumes this yr for our harleyween party)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've beem using PAX as a base color on and around my prosthetics, then shading with alcohol based airbrush makeup. Except around the eyes. I still use a water/polymer based makeup there(just trying to be safe). The makeup stays on all day and doesn't sweat off.
BTW, not having seen this video you're talking about, I have a question. Are you really talking about real old fashioned GREASEPAINT? Not just calling creme makeups greasepaint. 'Cause if you are, get into the twenty-first century. Greasepaint went out with sliderules and puka shell necklaces. I mean, there's lots better stuff on the market now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
well I dont know about that..i love grease paint (rubber mask grease paint) I'm not sure if there s a different from GREASE PAINT and RUBBER MASK GREASE PAINT, but i love it! PAX is good too, but it is kinda messy...i like grease paint because it can clean up so easily. I DO agree with alcohol activaited makeup...its really reallly nice...if anyone is doing zombie makeup, I suggest getting the zombie alcohol activaited makeup palette...its wonderful!

·
Registered
47 Posts
The difference between RMGP and Greasepaint is the type of oil used as a binder. Greasepaint uses a mineral oil while RMGP uses Castor oil. The reason being mineral oil breaks down and reacts to latex, especially foam latex (will rot foam in hours). Castor oil, being a natural oil does not react to latex. PAX will never rub off like greasepaint will, even if the greasepaint is powdered. This is important if you don't want to do a lot of touchups from actors scratching spots, wiping noses, rubbing foreheads, etc... all those little things actors will do to destroy your makeup job.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.