·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I give you....

DRACO MORTIS

Now for the sweet and down-low:

Materials and Cost

$1.25 1" blue foam, 2'x4' piece (bought damaged sheet for 1/2 price at Lowes, used 1/4 of it)
$0.75 Great Stuff foam (three squirts prorated)
$0.30 glue (prorated)
$1.00 paint (prorated, bought gallon of 'oops' paint for gray basecoat, all detailing done with model paints I dug out of my closet)
$0.00 Spanish moss (grabbed it off a nearby tree!)

$3.30 TOTAL

Tombstone is original design, hand drawn on sheet of foam and cutter using a Styro Wonder Cutter and detailed with woodburning gun.

I'll post some in-progress pics to my Photobucket soon, but for now there are already some other views and detail shots:

Draco Mortis Tombstone pictures by CastleVonStuben - Photobucket

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Looks like something you would see on The Addams Family. Very rockin' this one.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Ohhhh, that was a good idea. Very nice concept. I was working on something like that but my dog got it. It had better scratch marks if you get my drift.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Sinister I *have* been told that I'm creepy and kooky at times. ;)

Z-F, I had a lot of fun shooting the stone- how do you like what I call my 'Evil Dead' tree? :D See the face?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I like the base of the blue foam. Unfortunately I can't find it around here.

Nice job with the stone. I especially like the claw and crack marks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody! I tried to do something that walked the line between possibly realistic and fantastical... imagine hiking through Romania and stubling across this deep in the forest... :)

Oh, and I forgot one of my 'orb' pictures of it:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
It a dragon, of course I love this one..lol Very creative GreenCapt.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hella said:
It a dragon, of course I love this one..lol Very creative GreenCapt.
LOL- When I first got the dragon inspiration Hella I had thought to use the quote you have in your sig. I used to have that bumper-sticker and thought it would have be funny on a stone... though it would have significantly changed the tone of the project. :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
That's a great design, GreenCapt! Your photography of it is great, too. I especially like that last pic. If I could get a single stone in my graveyard to look that nice, I'd consider Halloween a roaring success. ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TipoDeemin said:
That's a great design, GreenCapt! Your photography of it is great, too. I especially like that last pic. If I could get a single stone in my graveyard to look that nice, I'd consider Halloween a roaring success. ;)
Three words... tripod, tripod, tripod....

well maybe four... alcohol....

("ish the BESH haunt housh I *hic* ever did! Wheresh all the trish'er'treashers?"

"Uh, dear... I appreciate your effort in setting all this up, but it IS July and you're just a little bit drunk") ;)

thanks! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.