Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bummed out, I waited too late on a good deal, Fright Catalog used to have Grossferatu for $39.99 but when I checked it had gone up, when I inquired about possible getting the old price I got this message:

Hi Kelly,
The price used to be so low because we had an over-stock of the item.
However, no it is back to the regular price, I'm sorry. If you have
anymore questions or concerns please let us know.

Anyone know where I can get a Grossferatu at a pretty good price? This is what he looks like:

http://www.frightcatalog.com/Halloween-Props/Zombies/Grossferatu-1020011/

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I'm not impressed with the Morbid Industries products (they make both grossferatu and grimrot). The photos they use very much misrepresent what the actual item looks like. I bought a Brain Child and the one in the picture clearly had a more "special" paint job or maybe some photoshop retouching done to make it look much better than the actual product I received.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Zombie-F said:
I'm not impressed with the Morbid Industries products (they make both grossferatu and grimrot). The photos they use very much misrepresent what the actual item looks like. I bought a Brain Child and the one in the picture clearly had a more "special" paint job or maybe some photoshop retouching done to make it look much better than the actual product I received.
I agree. I got Grossferatu for $39 last year but the paint job is weak. Catalog pics had to be Photoshoped.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
PeeWeePinson said:
I am glad I posted, thanks for the info. He does look awfully creepy though even with his pink eyes and lips. Now why didn't they use red?
Good question PeeWeePinson. I wish it were more red and less pink. I'm thinking of repainting those parts. I do like the sculpt however. He is a creepy prop and it got plenty of comments last year.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Zombie-F said:
I bought a Brain Child and the one in the picture clearly had a more "special" paint job or maybe some photoshop retouching done to make it look much better than the actual product I received.
My wonderful wife that indulges my Halloween addiction tries get me something Halloween related for Christmas every year. Last year she got that Brain Child from FC. I took one look at it and asked, "How many quarters did it take you to get the one you wanted?" It really was crap, a 3rd grader would've given it a better paint job. So back it went and lesson learned by Mrs Unpleasant don't buy it until you've seen at least one in person.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
The Grossferatu would look even spookier if it had been painted in subtle grays and blacks like in the old 1922 classic Nosferatu and was wearing a tattered robe and cloak. However, that grin would have to go as it looks pretty silly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts