Haunt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dried/Dead leaves. Free and covers great.

We get our neighbors involved by asking them to toss their leaves into our yard after they have raked them out of their own.
We've covered our entire driveway using this method - just wet the area down, drop the leaves. Wet slightly after you've they are down.

·
Super Moderator
64,335 Posts
Check and see if your town offers free mulch at a recycling facility or yard waste facility. We use mulch to make our "freshly dug" graves in our yard display, and it might work well to cover the concrete.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
I'm with darkrosemanor, use leaves. They're free for the taking, just head for the nearest industrial park and you'll find plenty of them under the landscaping trees. I also have to cover concrete with something for my display - here's a pic to show you what the leaves look like:

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,197 Posts
During this years football season, I've noticed several H.S. football teams redoing the turf on their fields. You might ask if any of the schools in your area have scraps of art turb. Or consider the turf sold at hardware stores to cover patios...although it wouldn't be as cheap as leaves.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
I use a 12" square of particle board and a 3" angle bracket. The bracket is bolted to the board on one edge and the wooden markers have holes to allow mounting to the bracket. When the wood base is covered with leaves it looks like the crosses are free-standing. You can mount the markers at angles to make them tilt over a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts