Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
I'm liking the look even unfinished. The poses speak volumes.

·
Stays Zesty in milk
4,472 Posts
Lookin' great! I, too would go the paper mache(cheep toilet paper) rout. My method is very wet & messy so I would end up sealing any parts that could be damaged by getting wet w/plastic wrap or maybe paint. Wonderful posing!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Looking very good so far,You can finish them in any number of ways. I have used wood glue with toilet paper and paper towel and also liquid latex works well but more expensive.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
The nylon panty hose and latex method works well for me and makes a good rotten skin look. Liquid nail and nylon might work as well. And like everyone else, I really like the pose of the thing. Looking forward to seeing more of this project.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
The nylon panty hose and latex method works well for me and makes a good rotten skin look. Liquid nail and nylon might work as well. And like everyone else, I really like the pose of the thing. Looking forward to seeing more of this project.
Ditto, the poses are the MAIN thing! Once you got those, the rest is cake, man. Nice chocolate layer cake, custard filling and a creamy Gnasch. You would have to work HARD to make these NOT look good. Good eye for form, I look forward to your finished product!

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,067 Posts
I really like these, great start. I use paper mache with blue shop towels. Those things are strong and stretch to give a strong foundation for your liquid nail coating. :)

·
Registered
888 Posts
Yep, I second the blue shop towel and mache route. That's exactly what I use. Those things suck up mache paste like mad and are very strong once dry. They also will cut down on the amount of time and layers needed to complete the prop. Get a cheap chip brush from the hardware store and you can literally paint the paste into all of the nooks.

If you go the mache route, make sure to get some good spar urethane to seal the prop. You can paint over the top of the urethane if you don't like the shiny look it gives. Personally, I like the wet look it creates. Makes them juicy!

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,236 Posts
So Steve...where's the rest of the photos on these groundbreakers?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree with everyone else, the poses are great. You are off to a great start with your collection.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Excellent!
Not to be a parrot, but like everyone said the poses are freaking sweet! Like the positioning of the hand on the first one and how you have them both with their mouths open- really adds power to the pose. :biggrineton:

I agree shop towels sound like a good strong base, I was going to go with plain old TP on my zombie, but I shop towels are cheap and way stronger. Plannin on using painter's latex caulk thinned down for at least part of the skin, never tried that before but seems like it would work and it's cheaper then liquid latex?

Awesome job! Can't wait to see the progress!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts