Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have the Brits take on the flesh eating dead for this Quarter-Final Round going up against quite possibly the most famous Zombie/Movie Serial Killer of all-time. Will Crystal Lakes infamous son, pull off another upset this time against the Winchester's intrepid gang of the living and the things that shuffle outside the pub, or will the hoard of the newly walking dead take out the Hockey-Masked maniac? You decide the outcome! :voorhees:

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Honestly, this one should be a no-brainer. Shaun of the Dead gets my vote.

The F13th movies are good popcorn entertainment and nothing more. There's nothing to them beneath the surface. Sure, one could say these movies make a moral statement by killing off the immoral teenagers that inhabit them, but I think there was no intention of making morality the focus of these movies. It's more like they just needed someone for Voorhees to kill off, and who better to kill off than annoying teenagers?

Shaun of the Dead, on the other hand, is successful as both a comedy and a horror movie. The movie starts off with some subtle humor and then takes a turn towards the darker side of film in the last 1/3 of the movie.

·
Banned
376 Posts
I haven't seen Shaun of the Dead, so unfortunately I must excuse myself from this round.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shaun of the Dead is simply one of the best Zombie films ever made. It's what you would get if you mixed Monty Python with Dawn of the Dead and dropped it right smack dab in a more contemporary setting. "Shaun" is great from start to finish with no parts that drag in between. This movie is a definite must for anyone with a love for Horror with a comedic twist.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives is my favorite in the Friday series, but not a one of those movies, indeed the series entire can stand up to the new modern horror classic Shaun of the Dead. Sorry Jason, but Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright get my vote this time around.

Shaun of the Dead- 2

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives- 0

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone who wants to cast a vote had better get to it. Saturday, the polls are closed and we move on to the last quarter.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hmm. Never saw S.o.t.D.
Sorry. :ninja:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, Shaun, the ne'er do well moves onto the Semi-Finals with a 2-0 showing and we give Voorhees the boot. Now we go to the last match in the Quarters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.