Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
David Kessler and his Undead tormentors face off against a pack of S&M demons who put the "T" in torment. Will the American born Werewolf eke out another win in this tournament, or will Clive Barkers twisted creations have him on the hooks and chains? Once more the polls are open, so get in there and send one of these lucky contestant to the finals.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dougspaulding said:
Werewolf is so much better than 'Raiser that it's out of place in this contest.
Really, DS have you even seen Hellraiser? I might be off the mark here, but I know it isn't your favorite type of movie, so the chances are better than good that you haven't seen it, or if you did, it wasn't with an open mind. :p

Hellraiser more than qualifies to be in this spot with AAWIL. In a lot of ways, it is a superior film. I love both movies and they are some of the best I've ever seen period. I think that Hellraiser is the better film. It took the whole mythos of Demons and Hell in a different direction than had ever been seen before. The Cenobites and the Lament Configuration Box were stunning improvements on the medieval beasties with horns, cloven hooves and tails. The movie leaves a lasting impression where you don't see the same things you used to in quite the same way. An American Werewolf in London, though a great movie, really didn't bring nothing new to the table. There was the Undead thing with Jack, but that was about all and it really didn't make you look at the myth of lycanthropes any differently, now did it?

I'm going with Hellraiser on this one; for despite what my esteemed colleague thinks, it is the better film no two ways about it.

AnAmerican Werewolf in London: 1

Hellraiser: 1

·
Banned
376 Posts
2 votes for Mr. Kessler, I go with the Werewolf

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
In general, Hellraiser is a great movie, but Werewolf is a stellar movie. I guess I'm close-minded then. My vote goes with the Nazi Demons.

An American Werewolf in London: 2

·
Banned
376 Posts
That would actually be 3 for Werewolf.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
We must have posted at the exact same time. lol

An American Werewolf in London: 3

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Sinister said:
It took the whole mythos of Demons and Hell in a different direction than had ever been seen before. The Cenobites and the Lament Configuration Box were stunning improvements on...
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, how do you feel about An American Werewolf in London, Lilith? Because "Paris" wouldn't have even made it into the preliminaries, much less the finals. :D

Two for the Cenobites, and three for the Wolfman.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Alright, once agin I cast my vote in the direction of the cenobites. The chatterer is flawless and no other creature (not even a lycanthrope) can beat it. So my friends that is:

American werewolf in london: 3

Hellraiser: 3

Tie game!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Remember guys, we're judging the movie's QUALITY here, not whether the main baddies can kill each other or not.

·
Banned
376 Posts
I know, I keep thinking the same thing. This is why I believe all future games are doomed to be cursed with Tie-itis.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not necessesarily. I have been carefully observing what activity has been taking place where on the board as of late and maybe once Halloween is over, I think you're going to see a sharp decrease in certain areas and maybe a little more attention in other parts of the forum where there weren't as many participants before. That might increase traffic in here a little more and weigh the vote casting more heavily either way instead of "winner by coin toss." Omega, I know for a fact likes Hellraiser more than An American Werewolf in London and it has nothing at all to do with who can beat up who. :D he probably just didn't word it quite right (I understand where the misconception set in) but it is a tie game now, and hopefully someone will come along and break it.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I see that you have a Lament Configuration Box, Don. Have you tried to open any doorways? :D Great collection by the way.

The tally is now:

Hellraiser: 4

An American Werewolf in London: 3

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.