Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who will we send to face off against the Cenobtes in the Finals? Will it be the goofy, but noble Zombie Slayer, Shaun and his chums, or will the charming and evil Dr. Lecter pull out the final card in his fiendish bag of tricks and attempt the coup de gras? Get to the polls and vote people, they are open for business.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sinister said:
Who will we send to face off against the Cenobtes in the Finals? Will it be the goofy, but noble Zombie Slayer, Shaun and his chums, or will the charming and evil Dr. Lecter pull out the final card in his fiendish bag of tricks and attempt the coup de gras? Get to the polls and vote people, they are open for business.
Shaun of the Dead gets my vote, one of the best movies in years.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another hard entry into this series, I had to give it some long and heavy thought. Zombies, as I stated in the thread about sub-genre's is one of my favorites, and are more often than not going to get the nod over most everything else. As great as Silence of the Lambs is, I have to also roll with Shaun of the Dead on this match-up. :zombie:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, "Shaun" is giving quite a showing against the malevolent Dr. Lecter. The reluctant zombie-killer is way ahead with an impressive 3-0 lead.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Shaun of the Dead gets my vote too. It's a stylish little piece of film that has a pretty awesome mix of horror and comedy. While there is superior acting in Silence and a very good story, I just prefer Shaun in this matchup for no particular reason.

Shaun is a movie I've watched quite a few times now without getting bored with it yet, whereas I've seen Silence at least as many times and I can honestly do without seeing it ever again. Not that I dislike Silence, but I've seen all there is to see in it. Plus, Shaun is just a fun movie.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Comparing these two movies is not dissimilar to comparing B-Movies to Major Motion Pictures. I never would have believed Dr Lecter would be running four votes behind a zombie comedy! "Silence" is one of the finest psychological thrillers ever made, if not the finest! What the heck's up with this!?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Judging by your response, my best friend, I take it that you A.) Are voting for Silence of the Lambs and B.) You have never seen Shaun of the Dead. Bearing all this in mind, I won't try to explain to you the four votes that put the Edgar Wright/ Simon Pegg soon-to-be modern classic ahead of the other. Instead, I implore you to rent Shaun of the Dead TONIGHT (Not tomorrow, next week or next month...ASAP) and then get back to me on this. That movie will speak volumes more than any words of praise I could give it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Honor kept me from voting in this catagory, as I have not seen "Shaun" yet. I have been wanting to for awhile and was planning on renting it this week, by the way. I have few doubts to its merits based on reviews, but Hannibal? Come on!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That being said, we disregard any further protests that Spaulding might have and state as of this posting Shaun of the Dead: 4 and Silence of the Lambs: 0 :D

·
Banned
160 Posts
I am alone on this one, Dr. Hannibal Lecter gets my vote. Shaun of the Dead was a good film don't get me wrong, but Lecter is just a very cool, calm character.

Shaun of the Dead: 4

Silence of the Lambs: 1

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lecter finally has a vote. That isn't going to save him from the drubbing he's taking unless some folks get in here and start voting.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With T.K's vote, that put's "Shaun" ahead by four once more with "Silence" trailing in the distance. No sir, it isn't looking good for the cannibal.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone looking to up the score on either candidate had better roll in here and do it. The polls close Saturday and unless a miracle occurs, Shaun of the Dead will be facing off against Hellraiser in the finals. I'm not going to tell you who I'm voting for. ;)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Sinister said:
Anyone looking to up the score on either candidate had better roll in here and do it. The polls close Saturady and unless a miracle occurs, Shaun of the Dead will be facing off against Hellraiser in the finals. I'm not going to tell you who I'm voting for. ;)
That will be a tough one for me, I love both :confused:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whenever the clear-cut victor emerges for the Finals, I want to do a second H.M.D.M. and pit that winner against the winner of this one. So stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Without a doubt! Shaun of the Dead!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.